New at Mistake Lake- $1 BJ

Blue Efficacy

Folks I just saw an advert on TV that ML is now dealing $1 BJ, 24/7! The tribe's compact forbids payouts lower than 3:2. I wonder how else they can bastardize the game?

Personally I think it will be straight up BJ, offered as a "loss leader" hoping people come in for a chance to play but see it full and decide to play higher min tables, or of course the slots.

It could be a boon for ultra low stakes counters! :laugh: :grin:

Blue Efficacy said:
Yeah, turns out that is indeed the case. Shame on them for peddling this scum. For the most part this store has been a model citizen.
Out of curiosity, what's the ante and max bet on these tables? I ask just to see what they think the market will bear; I'm not a midwest guy so I have no interest in actually ever playing in this store.

yesiamred said:
25 cents ante per hand. Min is $1.00 and max is $199.00. Insanity I say.
Holy crap. Even assuming a 0.5% house edge (which is pretty generous to the house), .25 is the theoretical -EV on a $50 bet. I mean sure, it reduces variance, but geez...do the ploppies playing the game not notice the unusually faster than usual bleed or rather hemorrhage from their bankroll.

Blue Efficacy

Remember Remember said:
Holy crap. Even assuming a 0.5% house edge (which is pretty generous to the house), .25 is the theoretical -EV on a $50 bet. I mean sure, it reduces variance, but geez...do the ploppies playing the game not notice the unusually faster than usual bleed or rather hemorrhage from their bankroll.
.54 HE if this table has the same rules as most.

yesiamred

creeping panther said:
Glad to see you posting again!:)

Riding that Sporty alot?:cool:

CP
Hello CP,
Been very busy lately and not alot of time to read forum let alone post anything! Yes, I am always riding my pretty 2007 blue sporty. As a matter of fact, I have well over 6k miles on it this season alone with almost 30k total.

Take care and good cards to you and everyone!;)

mjbballar23

hard to say whether this will stick around or not. The ante really slows the game down to a crawl, probably about half the speed of the regular tables.

Blue Efficacy

mjbballar23 said:
hard to say whether this will stick around or not. The ante really slows the game down to a crawl, probably about half the speed of the regular tables.
It all depends on how long it takes the average schmuck to realize that he is losing 1/4 bet every single round and his chances of winning are not good.

One of my [non-AP] friends was talking to me about it, I tell him how the ante sucks, he replies "it's only a quarter!" I suspect many will view it the same way.

And it is true, it is only a quarter. But if you sit down and play for a while, that quarter turns into many dollars. Even with fairly good luck, it seems unlikely that any player could leave this game a session winner while only betting $1, unless said session was EXTREMELY short.

I'll be honest, I am curious to see how this all pans out.