Playing Two Hands

aslan

blackjack avenger said:
The highest SCORE is playing 2 hands all the time. This is for 100 hands played.

Some factors:
The 2nd hand slows the game down, not just your play but dealer payoffs etc.
If you have to bet double table minimum it can be a factor, but for the dealer to even take the time to explain this is a waste for the house.
Well, having higher score, wouldn't that mean that there is lower risk playing two hands than one hand, and therefore, RoR should be reduced? That, coupled with higher variance, leaves me a little perplexed, but maybe my thinking is skewed. Help me out. BTW, wouldn't two hands at a time have the same bankroll requirements as one hand at a time? Trick question. :laugh:

PS-- Assumption: minimum table limit may be played on both hands.

Last edited:
not sure i follow

aslan said:
Well, having higher score, wouldn't that mean that there is lower risk playing two hands than one hand, and therefore, RoR should be reduced? That, coupled with higher variance, leaves me a little perplexed, but maybe my thinking is skewed. Help me out. BTW, wouldn't two hands at a time have the same bankroll requirements as one hand at a time? Trick question. :laugh:

PS-- Assumption: minimum table limit may be played on both hands.
According to Qfit using SCORE:
2 hands all the time
beats
2 hands when positive
beats
1 hand all the time

Betting .73% ? of 1 hand bet on each of 2 spots

The above does not consider game speed.

In the short run; about 100 hrs, variance is higher. Obviously, one can lose both bets.

kewljason

Are we just considering the mathematical aspect of playing 2 hands or can we add heat considerations? In some places 2 hands draws a great deal of heat. Vegas for instants, seems particular sensitive to spreading to 2 hands. Much more so than other locations. And even more so if we are talking about doubledeck games. What good is the mathematical advantages of doing so, if you get flagged immediately. :confused:

moo321

kewljason said:
Are we just considering the mathematical aspect of playing 2 hands or can we add heat considerations? In some places 2 hands draws a great deal of heat. Vegas for instants, seems particular sensitive to spreading to 2 hands. Much more so than other locations. And even more so if we are talking about doubledeck games. What good is the mathematical advantages of doing so, if you get flagged immediately. :confused:
I believe the original question regarded wonging: if you're getting busted wonging, you're probably playing too long, and/or betting too much.

BrianCP

So a good way to increase score while wonging out at TC's of -1 would be playing two hands constantly? Makes sense, you play twice as many hands as you normally would.

BrianCP said:
So a good way to increase score while wonging out at TC's of -1 would be playing two hands constantly? Makes sense, you play twice as many hands as you normally would.

You play more "hand" but, less "rounds".