Bricker Breaker

ChefJJ

1357111317 said:
I saw an atari Brick Breaker slot machine that caught my eye a while back. If anyone has seen these/knows about these plz pm me .
Funny story about that game...had a free slot cash coupon a couple months ago from a sign-up promo my wife got and we saw that game when scoping out tables. Figuring WTF, let's play it for a little blast from the past (Breakout is the name, I believe). When you score the bonus, you get to play the game with the turnknob there on the console.

She hit the bonus after a few spins and handed the reins over to me to play. Well, I cleared the whole board (gameplay is similar to the old Atari game) with one man there was no second level or anything like that. And the payout for the bonus was <drum roll, please> a whole $2.00. :laugh:

And the reels were back after that. Cash out button was hit, and that was the end of that. It was fun, but don't expect any lucrative payout for your old school Atari skills :joker:

darco77

$2.00? Geez!

I thought skill games were not permitted on slot machines. I'm pretty sure I read that as the bonus rounds become more interactive, part of the developers' challenge is to make it seem like a skill game while keeping it a game of chance. The fishing games (Reel 'em In?) were given as an example: the player thinks they have an influence on hooking the big fish, but it's actually random.

ChefJJ

Darco,

Pretty sure you are right about that, and I would have to believe that the amount to be awarded via the bonus in that game was probably predetermined. How else would you explain only a $2 payoff for completely passing the "skill"?

Sucker

darco77 said:
$2.00? Geez!

I thought skill games were not permitted on slot machines.
Video poker is actually a game of skill - in that an unskilled player will do MUCH worse than a skilled player. There's also a new game out called "Heads-up Texas Holdem", in which you play Texas Holdem against a computer. This game is TOTAL skill , and it can be , and it IS being beaten by a couple of the top poker experts. It was recently taken out of service for a short while, in order to fix one of the more glaring weaknesses (there are other weaknesses - it's up to YOU to find them ;) ). Heads-up Texas Holdem can be found at the Belagio, the Aria; and a couple of other properties.

darco77

Sucker said:
Video poker is actually a game of skill - in that an unskilled player will do MUCH worse than a skilled player. There's also a new game out called "Heads-up Texas Holdem", in which you play Texas Holdem against a computer. This game is TOTAL skill , and it can be , and it IS being beaten by a couple of the top poker experts. It was recently taken out of service for a short while, in order to fix one of the more glaring weaknesses (there are other weaknesses - it's up to YOU to find them ;) ). Heads-up Texas Holdem can be found at the Belagio, the Aria; and a couple of other properties.
Good point. Yes, I'm aware of both of these games (quite familiar with VP, actually) and they are indeed games of skill. Video BJ would fall into this category also, assuming favorable rules. Still, I'm quite sure I read/heard that skill games were prohibited. I've often heard the term "Slot Machine" refer to both slots and VP, but maybe the regulating bodies differentiate between slots (reel or video) and other electronic/electromechanical devices. Or maybe I dreamed the whole thing up. Now I'm curious :confused:

Thanks for the tip on the poker games. Once I heard they were limit games, I assumed they weren't worth the time. This is yet another lesson in scoping out new opportunities for yourself.

darco77

ChefJJ said:
How else would you explain only a $2 payoff for completely passing the "skill"?
Chef, I think the $2 payoff could also be a sign o' the times. Recently I was investigating a newer slot with what appeared to be a wong-able bonus round. I found that in the worst case scenario, the bonus could pay an amount less than the minimum bet. :flame:

Sucker

darco77 said:
Still, I'm quite sure I read/heard that skill games were prohibited. I've often heard the term "Slot Machine" refer to both slots and VP, but maybe the regulating bodies differentiate between slots (reel or video) and other electronic/electromechanical devices. Or maybe I dreamed the whole thing up. Now I'm curious :confused:
The developer of that game is a very good friend of mine, and I was a beta-tester for him for several months; so I have a bit of inside info on this one.
I DO know that the machine ITSELF is not allowed to use any extra skill against the player, other than a mathematically set basic strategy. Specifically; the gaming commission would NOT allow the machine to alter it's strategy by watching its' opponent, and adjusting its' play in any way.

ChefJJ

darco77 said:
Chef, I think the $2 payoff could also be a sign o' the times. Recently I was investigating a newer slot with what appeared to be a wong-able bonus round. I found that in the worst case scenario, the bonus could pay an amount less than the minimum bet. :flame:
:laugh: I don't play a whole hell of a lot of slots, so I wasn't sure whether $2 was a "par for the course" bonus payout in a situation like clearing out the whole boards...but I sure as hell knew that I wasn't going any further with playing that thing! (Plus the promo slot $ had been played through).

Such is life :cool:

ChefJJ

sagefr0g said:
ty chefjj....... man that does take skill.:rolleyes:
:laugh: Hey Frog, you know what - I played it at the Hollywood outside of Cincy a couple months back. Located in the center right by where you look downstairs.