Neg Count ? when to leave table?

Just looking for everyone's view on when to leave a negative count table. I know a lot of factors come in to play here. Like is there another table to play at. Lets just say there are at least 6 open tables and they all provide 6 deck shoes.

2nd, lets say 6 open tables offering 2 deck play. Would you leave at the same neg count?

1 - 6 deck =
2 - 2 deck =

Thank you for your input.

21forme

You are correct, there are a lot of other factors.
I generally leave a 6D table at -1.
I never leave a 2D table, unless there are more players than I like, relative to the pen. If a 2D game goes negative beyond -3, I give it one hand more to recover. If not, I may get a phone call or take a bathroom break. Sometimes, I just play thru it with min. bets, as you can't wong out too often. There's really no reason to table hop a 2D game, as with rare exception, you can't backcount and jump into another one until the shuffle.

kewljason

My numbers are similar to 21forme. 6 deck game, generally -1, however in the first shoe, especially early part, my number is closer to -1.5 for cover reasons. I don't like to play 1 or 2 hands and walk away. Although we all see people do it, it's not a natural play and I try not to give them anything to remember me by, so I would probably play an extra hand or two. After that -1 religously.

If I find a good double deck game, my departure point will be determined more by time and leaving at the shuffle following a high count rather than leaving at low counts.

aslan

icetrey said:
Just looking for everyone's view on when to leave a negative count table. I know a lot of factors come in to play here. Like is there another table to play at. Lets just say there are at least 6 open tables and they all provide 6 deck shoes.

2nd, lets say 6 open tables offering 2 deck play. Would you leave at the same neg count?

1 - 6 deck =
2 - 2 deck =

Thank you for your input.
Using KO in a 6-deck game, I generally exit the table at -22 with 5 decks remaining, -17 with 4 decks remaining and -12 with 4 decks remaining. These RCs equate to a True Count of approximately -1 in each case.

For those who use Hi-Lo and floored TC and leave at -1: as soon as your RC<0 your TC is -1, so do you leave here? It seems too early, don't you think so?

Bj

BJFan said:
For those who use Hi-Lo and floored TC and leave at -1: as soon as your RC<0 your TC is -1, so do you leave here? It seems too early, don't you think so?
In a deep dealt game that is to soon imho, especially if the game offers more opportunitys.

In a dd I play all most, leave sometimes for a phone call or potty break.

Develope a strong negative game for those times you decide to stay and play all. Immerse yourself into the game, be multi-faceted.:cool:

CP

Blue Efficacy

In most of the games I play, I simply leave when a hapless ploppy cuts a rich slug behind the cut card, or if the good slug is cut more than halfway through I will take a short break.

aslan

BJFan said:
If you're talking about 6 deck, I don't even think about leaving until about a deck has been dealt. The count often nosedives, and then recovers. And while the count is dropping, "good" cards are coming out (tens and aces), actually favoring your play. If someone thinks a half-deck check for exit points is better, I'd like to hear his explanation.

Last edited: