Effect of Stop Loss Limit

Hi guys, I want to find out what is the effect of a stop loss limit of about negative 10 units playing a blackjack game with only perfect basic strategy. I know that a stop loss limit has no effect on the negative expectation of the game. But I need to find out how it affects the standard deviation.

Are there any sources or books that touch on this topic? This is related to a rebate and not gambling. The only source I can find is: http://www.blackjackincolor.com/useless1.htm

sagefr0g

mark.walters2 said:
Hi guys, I want to find out what is the effect of a stop loss limit of about negative 10 units playing a blackjack game with only perfect basic strategy. I know that a stop loss limit has no effect on the negative expectation of the game. But I need to find out how it affects the standard deviation.

Are there any sources or books that touch on this topic? This is related to a rebate and not gambling. The only source I can find is: http://www.blackjackincolor.com/useless1.htm
kind of off your topic i guess:
i did a little simulation for that sort of stuff, can't find my results at the moment.
well, i was looking at the effect of a stop win of one unit sort of thing. part of what i found is depicted in the image below.

and look at the graph for law of large numbers for dice. starts off real wild in the beginning and smooths out over time, sort of thing.

just i'm guessing but perhaps you can 'skew' standard deviation sort of like how playing progressions might give you circa 90% small wins and then you end up getting hit with circa 10% whopper loss's, lol. so really nothing really changes as far as the long run numbers, just the way you see results in time may appear skewed.

what ever, there is a pdf floating around by ExhibitCAA on coupononomy, erhh stuff on match plays, coupons ect.
you should be able to find it with a search of this site.
the stuff i was saying above has nothing to do with the pdf, i just thought i'd mention it.

Attachments

caramel6

one win unit

O,key, I understand, simulation and all that... Big loss is inevitable after many small wins. Would you agree nevertheless that everyone, playing by BS, having bankroll of, say 500-600, cannot win ONE UNITper day every day? Just a unit!!

sagefr0g

caramel6 said:
O,key, I understand, simulation and all that... Big loss is inevitable after many small wins. Would you agree nevertheless that everyone, playing by BS, having bankroll of, say 500-600, cannot win ONE UNITper day every day? Just a unit!!
something to think about, no? :rolleyes:

but darn it, my sims showed as i recall that eventually it just wont happen a small percentage of the time, and you'll incur a pretty hefty loss that small percentage of the time.:eek:

LIB

caramel6 said:
Would you agree nevertheless that everyone, playing by BS, having bankroll of, say 500-600, cannot win ONE UNITper day every day? Just a unit!!
Statistically speaking, it is definitely possible that you would have winning days, but I'm assuming from a bankroll of 500-600 that you mean more than just a night or two.

I'm given to understand that having a negative EV means that it isn't possible to win at all in the long-run unless you can distinguish losing situations and opt out from them; but then of course, you might as well start counting. Even so, I wouldn't count on winning everyday. Pun intended.