Bally's WWW craps

geneticfreak

Bally's has had 10x odds on craps for quite some time now and Hilton just moved to 10x a couple months ago. I haven't been in town for a while, but I just got a mailer yesterday with a couple crappy offers, but noticed a rather interesting thing on the bottom that just said "100X odds, all day, everyday" and there was a picture of WWW next to it. No other mention of it anywhere, and I haven't seen it before. It looks like it would just be at the one table at WWW and doesn't include the main floor at Bally's or the Ridge. Anyone else see this, and does it make the game more attractive to you?

ChefJJ

Hmm...just off the cuff, going from 5X (I believe that's what WWW had) to 100X sounds like a big jump and is. But at $10 minimums, does WWW really attract the clientele that would throw hundreds down on the Odds bet? Considering that their pending renovations will include beer pong (a la O'Sheas) and an electronic bull, maybe Harrah's is looking to create an O'Sheas East Coast Outpost.

Wouldn't be the worst thing they've ever done :p But they deserve a bit of credit at least for going to 100X, even if 100X truly is gimmicky. I'd go to 10X, but beyond is a chunk of change.

good luck :joker:

geneticfreak

They've been 10x as long as Bally's started it on the main floor last year, but I agree, I'd have to be on a pretty good roll to go much past 10x.

Maybe now with 2 houses running at least 10x odds and some dabbling in double and 4 deck blackjack, other places might start competing for the action and start bringing in better games. Only a couple months until PA and DE get tables online, and AC needs to do something to set them apart.

ChefJJ

One would think that the bull would set them and AC apart in that regard :grin:

In all seriousness though, it may be the little things like 2-deck and S17 BJ games, and 10X odds on craps that pique the interest of AP or knowledgeable gamblers. But for the general public, it's hard telling whether it makes much of a difference.

good luck :joker: