The second to last farewell

MangoJ

Dopple said:
I will surely be due to win alot when I go back. They owe me.
You are never "due" to anything. Cards don't have a memory, and they don't remember that they "owe" you a favor. If you're down you're down - nothing is going to change it.

But most importantly you must understand, if you arere overbetting you are likely to bust every time you make a bet. The reason is: while wins and losses are statistically independent (to a very high degree), the amount you are able to bet is not independent at all. If you are overbetting you will have no chance of chasing your losses in the long run, because you have less bankroll available to bet.

Take a coin flip 10% in your favor. If you bet 90% of your $1000 bankroll, you cannot "chase" this loss of $900 with 10% of your bankroll remaining, when you continue to bet again $90 from your remaining $100.
Instead, bet 5% of your bankroll and grind your loss of $900 out.

kewljason

Dopple said:
They owe me.
They don't owe you, trust me. :laugh:

I hope you do learn from your experiences and if you choose to pursue the cause again, that's fine. Hopefully you will be better for it, and better prepared for success. I am pulling for you. But that is solely your decision to make. No one should be encouraging you or anyone else to get back in there, once the person has expressed that they need to take a break. Especially someone who expressed their reasons as you did. Unfortunately the hooked on dope analogy, sometimes isn't that far off. :sad:

Dopple

I started a post that started the whole group fighting.

Sung to the tune of "I started a joke" by the BeeGees.

I was wrong, I will recover, and I know they dont owe me, I was joking again.

I am going to use the game Scrabble to detox and withdraw.

Thanks for the replies if I ever was an AP I deserve to be demoted to a gambler.

BrianCP

Dopple said:
I am going to use the game Scrabble to detox and withdraw.

NO! Use Backgammon, it is far more powerful!

Too powerful some might say, those who blinked when the abyss stared back at them. The weak, the frail, those without the courage to brave the dice.

Onward, to glory, to despair, to the game before all games.

The men are waiting for your roll and command, do not disappoint them.

Sucker

BrianCP said:
Too powerful some might say, those who blinked when the abyss stared back at them. The weak, the frail, those without the courage to brave the dice.

Onward, to glory, to despair, to the game before all games.

The men are waiting for your roll and command, do not disappoint them.
I've heard this verse before. Author?

BrianCP

Sucker said:
I've heard this verse before. Author?
Um....me? Unless I pulled that from a long forgotten memory, I just kinda wrote that.

The abyss thing I got from a DC animated movie, but other than that I just kind of tried to remember the prevailing emotions expressed by high level Backgammon players.