VP 101: Which Book, Which Software = CV?

Finn Dog

OK, it's now time for me to delve into VP--so the questions are:

1. What's the first book I read?

2. What's the VP equivalent of CV?

Best regards,

FD

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
For the book, there are a pair of titles from Jean Scott (with co-authors including V Nacht) that are good contenders here.

Scott's "More Frugal Gambling" covers a lot of ground, but most of it is important for VP. Outside-the-game aspects like analyzing promos and cashback are crucial for VP success.

The other Jean Scott title "Frugal Video Poker" is more oriented toward how to learn to choose the best game for your situation, and how to learn accurate strategy.

Neither title is highly technical, so they may or may not be to your preference. Bob Dancer has a relatively new title "Video Poker for the Intelligent Beginner" that I have not reviewed yet. I suspect it may be the best fit, but I just don't know yet.

For software, "Video Poker for Winners" is the best available in my opinion.

Scott's FVP software is a good tool, but is starting to look outdated these days. In addition, it won't run on 64-bit Vista, and may not work at all on Windows 7. VPFW has none of these problems and the appearance is worlds better.

Not surprisingly, all these (except the new Dancer title) are available here in the store.