AC player: Recommend me a count

Kasi

+EV said:
No. I honestly need to do some research. I figured i needed at least $10K but don't have that much. However, I do have a replenishable bankroll since I have a day job so I was thinking of just taking a trip roll of like $1000-$2000 (also enough to play poker since that is my main gambling activity up to this point).

Do you have any advice in this?

+EV

I just think it's more important than what count u may be using.

As a beginner, I'd probably learn a level 1 count rather than a level 2 count.
The advantage of stuff like hi-lo is there is alot of info on it so it's pretty easy to find out anything u want to know.

I don't care about ur poker bankroll and don't mix it with ur BJ bankroll.

Be specific in ur mind as to exactly what u r doing! If ur not really sure, maybe just don't do it.

Kasi said:
I just think it's more important than what count u may be using.

As a beginner, I'd probably learn a level 1 count rather than a level 2 count.
The advantage of stuff like hi-lo is there is alot of info on it so it's pretty easy to find out anything u want to know.

I don't care about ur poker bankroll and don't mix it with ur BJ bankroll.

Be specific in ur mind as to exactly what u r doing! If ur not really sure, maybe just don't do it.
The bankroll question is a sticking point for me right now. It seems like the worst part about AC other than 8 deck shoes most places is the minimum $15 bet. That makes the necessary bankroll quite steep. I've been reading about the necessary bankroll in Blackbelt in Blackjack. I really could use some advice as far as how much is practical based on these levels. AS's advice stems from $5-10 bets and having some room to reduce them if the bankroll starts to get depleted.

Since I have a somewhat replenishable bankroll (Ie. I am not living off it) I am not as worried about ROR. But starting with like 3K means 150 betting units which is not a lot and doesn't leave me anywhere to go if I am trying to do some adjustment to the unit size and start losing. Also this makes the spread on 1-8 something like 15-120 which is enough to really attract attention (since $100+ bets are scrutinized). It will probably be necessary to try and spread two hands of 60-80 instead when possible. I am thinking of just aggressively wonging in and out (where possible) at +2 and betting quarters. If things don't go well then I can at least move down to $15 units.

I also respect your advice to use Hi-Lo instead of BF. There are definately a lot of training tools out there for it. However, I have been working on my count and have been speeding up with BF. I have taken it from 1:15 per deck to 40-45sec per deck in the last week. I think that I can deploy it properly with enough practice and the indicies are quite simple so in the long run I think BF is the way to go. I can already pretty much count OOP so I am looking for something balanced and more powerful.

Regards,
+EV