keeping it simple

gamblingghost

kewljason said:
I was under the impression that many players who play halves, double everything, card values and indices so they are only dealing with whole numbers. :confused:
Go for it. Deal with numbers like 26 when all I'm thinkin is 13 .

Friendo

kewljason said:
I was under the impression that many players who play halves, double everything, card values and indices so they are only dealing with whole numbers. :confused:
I tried that, but I found it no easier. For some reason, the half-counts don't bother me.

There is always the possibility of converting to a 2-deck true count using the doubled tags, and then multiplying the indices by 4 - or re-simming them if one is among the ultra-fastidious.

I like the regular tags because you can do true-count conversion by multiples of remaining decks more easily. Say three decks are left: just rattle off "3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18" in your head and you have the running count thresholds for the corresponding true counts 1-6. I don't know if you do it this way, but it's how I true-count convert Halves & High-Low. I believe this idea came from DD', on the other board.