Worst play I've seen so far

moo321

Last night I saw a ploppy hit a hard seventeen against a 4. We were all yelling at her "You have seventeen!" but no, she wanted that nine!

Now technically, this isn't the mathematically worst play I've seen, because I've seen people fail to split 8's vs. a low card which is probably worse. But it's certainly the dumbest play I've ever seen.

paddywhack

moo321 said:
Last night I saw a ploppy hit a hard seventeen against a 4. We were all yelling at her "You have seventeen!" but no, she wanted that nine!

Now technically, this isn't the mathematically worst play I've seen, because I've seen people fail to split 8's vs. a low card which is probably worse. But it's certainly the dumbest play I've ever seen.
Hey moo,

Knowing where you played last night, I can assure you, those idiotic moves are fairly common :eek::laugh::whip:

We've got some real smart players in this neck of the woods. :rolleyes:

tezzadiver

moo321 said:

I saw a ploppy hit a made hand of 20 versus 6 in the El cortez when we were there on holidays and guess what he got?
An ace.
Must of been counting..................................:laugh:

Solo player

tezzadiver said:
I saw a ploppy hit a made hand of 20 versus 6 in the El cortez when we were there on holidays and guess what he got?
An ace.
He must have seen the next card.

prankster said:
Worst play I remember seeing was when a player split 6's vs dealers King upcard.:joker::eek::confused:
I see this kind of stuff but what I really find fascinating is the same person many times has what seems like an unlimited bankroll. By making these kind of plays they usually lose but the cash just keeps flowing. I also see them finally leave the table after dropping a bundle and with a few expletives sprinkled in, complain about the cards, the dealer, the guy at third base, etc.

I watched someone split 4's against a 7. I said you're seriously splitting those? He said it can't get any worse. He got a five doubled that hand and then broke the other and lost 3 ways. I just shook my head.

Just Saturday I saw 5's split for the first time. This was against an 8. He stared at it for quite some time and then got 15 on each one and stayed and lost to 18.

itrack

I think the worst I have ever seen was a woman doubling a hard 16 vs a dealer 10. She busted. Next hand, I think she doubed a 14 vs a 9. The dealer and the pit boss were telling her not to do it. I told her to just make me a sidebet instead of doubling on the table. This kept going for many many hands in a row, and she kept losing, horribly.

Her reasoning...her husband just lost on the slots, and she wanted to show him how much money she could lose...:confused:

Little did she know, she was playing during a promo where the BS advantage was close to 10% :eek:, but I think it is safe to say that she was STILL not playing at an advantage:whip:

aslan

tezzadiver said:
An ace.
He must have been on dope. Even if he knew the next card was an ace, unless he also knew the dealer had ten total, or two tens, it would not benefit him. And lastly, he would have to deal with a ton of heat for what he did, so he definitely wasn't an AP, unless he left immediately thereafter. If he were an AP (and he knew the dealer had ten total), it might have been better to split his tens, and take an ace on the first one, and hope for the best on the second. Splitting tens is a heat generator, but hitting a hard twenty is a nuclear disaster! View attachment 7462

Attachments

paddywhack

I've got a really good story about what I just witnessed today but it'll have to wait until the dust settles. It'll take the cake based on the ploppies I've seen or the stories I've read.

pogostick

Joeb21 said:
I watched someone split 4's against a 7. I said you're seriously splitting those? He said it can't get any worse. He got a five doubled that hand and then broke the other and lost 3 ways. I just shook my head.

Just Saturday I saw 5's split for the first time. This was against an 8. He stared at it for quite some time and then got 15 on each one and stayed and lost to 18.
Have you guys ever been on a cruise ship? That kind of play is norm.

Eye of the Tiger

All these plays happened today. (1) Split sixes against dealers 10. He loses both hands. (2) Takes a hit on hard 17 vs dealer 9 he busts dealer has 17. (3) Hit soft 19 vs dealer 9 draws a 2 for 21. Hit a 14 vs 6 he busts. All this in a shoe and a half. Bottom line this fool loses a $1000 in a flash. This was a $50 min table.

paddywhack

My vote for ploppy of the year.

Sits down at a $5-200 table and buys in for 100. Bets 55 on the first hand and gets a pair of 8's. Buys in for another 10 and splits the 8's getting an 18 and a 19 vs a face. Wins them both. Next hand bets 100 gets a BJ. Now he has 370 setting in front of him. So far so good, just lucky.

Now the fun begins: Bets 150 gets a pair of face cards vs a face. Splits them, gets an ace and another 10. Wins them both

Now betting table max, gets a 14 vs a 6, doubles and gets a 2, dealer busts.

Table max gets a 20 vs an ace. Stays on that one and wins.

Table max again, gets a 12 vs a face, doubles and pulls a 9. Dealer has 20.

Table max again, splits 6's vs a 4. Gets a 8 on the first one, doubles it and gets a 3. Gets a 7 on the other, doubles it and pulls a five. Dealer busts.

Has over 2500 in black sitting in front of him for 7 hands in a neg count. And then piss*s it all away. That was the end of the good hands and fantastic doubles. Splits face cards one more time and busts them out. Doubles a hard 12 and hard 13 and busts them out.

Winds up with 100 left at the end of the shoe. Loses it on the first hand of the next shoe. Buys in for another 400 and loses it all too.

Idiot plays

I was gonna post on how these idiots playing like they are Brewster in Brewster's Millions (Richard Pryor movie , hope I got the title right) always seem to get lucky with insane plays but I guess that covers it.

In the movie he had to blow millions to inherit much more. Like what some people do to their kid if they catch him smoking. Smoke a whole pack in one sitting so he would never smoke again.