Home Game 3/2 Single Deck

tedsuxs

I just played poker at a home game, and as we were cashing out a player offered to be dealer for blackjack, I said i would do it if it was good rules.

Now the Crazy part,
3/2 BJ
Insurance
DDAS
Early surrender
Split Aces
10-1000 spread
No heat
90% pen (or until he couldnt deal anymore)
Showed me all 52 cards

So I played about 200 hands and lost everything i brought (4,000$)
He hit blackjack about 15 times, I hit it once.
Largest i bet was 1k with +8 TC no aces and he hits blackjack )-=
(got half back with insurance)

Whats my edge overall in this game assuming shoes went bad and good equally. And Spread was 20-1k in around 200 hands

Lucky Part is that he will do this again! D:

Next time with 4k BR and those rules i will grind it out instead betting high and increasing variance ( but i was scared he would want to stop )

You have no edge if he is a card mechanic. The results sound awfully fishy to me. I suspect your edge was close to 0.75% of the top with flat betting and BS if the stupid dealer was really stupid and not a cheat.

FLASH1296

Sufficient data to conclude, not prove, that, likely, you were cheated.

Playing for heavy money in a home game is fraught with extreme risk!

The moment anyone offers you a game with rules too good to believe they have targeted your greed.

The reason that this is called a "Con Game" is because it is dependent on the perpetrator's

gaining your "confidence". YOU were confident that you were looking at "easy money"

I suggest developing a healthy non-paranoid sense of skepticism !

Last edited:

shadroch

YOU ARE BETTING $1000 hands with a $4,000 BR and you went broke? I'm not sure what is more surprising. That you did or that Three sees a conspiracy in it.
Next time, bring a million.

Wow, if you don't see the possibility of cheating with what happened you are even more ignorant than your posts make you out to be. He played 200 hands. The dealer got blackjacks at 15:1 to the player (Odds of which are, assuming equal likelihood of dealer and player to get the next blackjack, 16*((1/2)^16) = (1/2)^12 = 1/4096) and he had a huge edge. Like the wise sage flash said, "Sufficient data to conclude, not prove, that, likely, you were cheated". Only a fool would argue otherwise. Why am I not surprised that you stepped up in that role. Like I said the dealer was either stupid or a cheat. There is no other possibility except maybe both. I suspect he would not be so fast to bank the dealer with those rules if the player distributed the cards.

I have an idea for the next time.

After you cut the deck (question: was the dealer the only one to handle the deck, or did you get to cut the deck?) and the deck is ready to deal, tell him you will only play if he deals with the deck laying flat on the table, and he's only allowed to flip one card at a time, with one hand.

Another question: did the dealer know you count cards, and was not concerned?

I suspect you got cheated though.

shadroch

tthree said:
Wow, if you don't see the possibility of cheating with what happened you are even more ignorant than your posts make you out to be. He played 200 hands. The dealer got blackjacks at 15:1 to the player (Odds of which are, assuming equal likelihood of dealer and player to get the next blackjack, 16*((1/2)^16) = (1/2)^12 = 1/4096) and he had a huge edge. Like the wise sage flash said, "Sufficient data to conclude, not prove, that, likely, you were cheated". Only a fool would argue otherwise. Why am I not surprised that you stepped up in that role. Like I said the dealer was either stupid or a cheat. There is no other possibility except maybe both. I suspect he would not be so fast to bank the dealer with those rules if the player distributed the cards.
The man went broke with a BR of four big bets. What are the chances of that happening over 200 hands?
Anyone want to chime in on what the count should be to better 25% or more of your remaining Br on a hand? If the count truly justified such a monster bet, is it really that surprising the dealer got a BJ? If the guy was amechanic, why not pull a twenty instead of a BJ and take the insurance bet as well?
Sometimes you need to go read a few of a posters other posts before you respond.

Last edited:

forwhat77

What count were you using? Any side count other than aces? While many think it would be a dream come true to have that game, many novice counters may not know how to play that game. People can have the best game in the world, but what good is it if they aren't 100% sure how to play it?

FLASH1296

Learn this. I have demonstrated this technique to numerous posters here on this forum.

To non-verbally, (and without ugly confrontation), signal to the dealer that you know that he is a mechanic;
is to cut the deck by pulling a large slug of cards from the center of the deck, splitting it in ½, and inserting
the remainder between those two segments. Watch the dealer's eye bulge out and sweat break out on his forehead.

You have earned his respect, as so to speak.

I guarantee that nobody can overcome this effective move.

If you do it, guess what? Suddenly the game will dry up !

~(@)_(@)~

tedsuxs

tthree said:
First off, this guy had dealt to a ploppie a week before and won 20k so i assume he just thinks dealer never loses.

Second Im 95% sure this guy is not a card shark, if he is hes the best in the world mostly because i cut every hand and watched him very closely Can someone please explain how he can cheat if hes not dealing from bottom of deck and im cutting every hand.

After his unreal amount of blackjacks, he offered to let me shuffle to change the luck. Witch i said no to because i pretty confident he was not cheating. But i guess after these post i will shuffle then let him deal.

This guy was seeing me staying on 15 against 10. I even doubled 12 against 6 on a -9 TC just for fun (not sure if theres index play for this), he has no idea about card counting and prob thinks even if im spreading in positive counts that Im not playing "basic strategy" and cant win.
But he never mentioned card counting/spreading once.

Also I played about 8 shoes so prob more like 400 hands, And he had tooons of 21 run outs and 20's to my 19s and 18s on big bets

Im pretty sure it was just unreal luck, but i appreciate all advice.

FLASH1296

tedsux,

You wrote: "I even doubled 12 against 6 on a -9 TC just for fun

(not sure if theres index play for this), he has no idea about card counting . . . "

IT seems that you are the one who has "no idea about card counting."

The index for this play (depending on the count is either -1 or -2 !

Indeed, it is an IMPORTANT index to know.

EDITED: My Error. I Apologize. I thought that you had said HIT, not double !

Last edited:
FLASH1296 said:
tedsux,

You wrote: "I even doubled 12 against 6 on a -9 TC just for fun

(not sure if theres index play for this), he has no idea about card counting . . . "

IT seems that you are the one who has "no idea about card counting."

The index for this play (depending on the count is either -1 or -2 !

Indeed, it is an IMPORTANT index to know.
I know your eyesight is not the best Flash but you may want to reread the original quote and your response here

tedsuxs

I admit im not the best card counter out there and i never said i was.

I only use top 18 index plays, but i felt it was smart to do some cover plays, but if it was +EV and i didnt know it then thats cool.

But i am a winning player over medium sample, won playing mostly double deck in vegas/reno/cali for last 2 years.

This isn;t 8 deck with shitty rules I dont need to play perfect, I still have huge adtv.

Last edited:
tedsuxs said:
90% pen (or until he couldnt deal anymore)
Showed me all 52 cards
tedsuxs said:
Also I played about 8 shoes so prob more like 400 hands,
Something's wrong here. The first description sounds like that of a single-deck game. The second, a six-deck shoe. I think all the readers (myself included) of your "story" are the only victims of a confidence game here :)

moo321

Do you know how to spot a mechanic? There's a lot more moves than just bottom dealing. He could be peaking and dealing seconds, cutting cards to himself, all kinds of moves!

tedsuxs

moo321 said:
Do you know how to spot a mechanic? There's a lot more moves than just bottom dealing. He could be peaking and dealing seconds, cutting cards to himself, all kinds of moves!
Thx moo
Ill look into i, and ways to prevent just encase, cant be too safe