Lucky Ladies roundup

FLASH1296

All you need do is learn to hover your hand over your bet and they will STOP.

After you do that 2 or 3 times they will respond by looking to see if YOUR bet is "set" before dealing.

aslan

ohbehave said:
Yes, but the dealers around here hardly pause long enough to get the initial wagers out. Forget about a pause to "ponder" putting out a side bet. You gotta have it ready to go or they start dealing. Point taken, though, Flash. Thanks for the feedback.
What I hear Flash saying is not necessarily to do what he said in his example, but to do whatever you can do to camouflage your play given the particular constraints of the game you find yourself in. You have to learn to think on your feet, to act and react almost spontaneously, making on-the-spot decisions and wrapping it all up in a package that screams, "Ploppy!"

aslan

FLASH1296 said:

All you need do is learn to hover your hand over your bet and they will STOP.

After you do that 2 or 3 times they will respond by looking to see if YOUR bet is "set" before dealing.
Yes, many players do not realize it, but THEY [the players] control the pace of the game. I never let a dealer bully me into accepting his pace or rhythm; if I'm not ready, they can wait. This is your table, not his. You are in control.

Gamblor

aslan said:
I did hit the suited match once a couple of weeks ago for 19 to 1 at $25, but unbelievably, I blew about $300 without so much as a simple twenty on the same night at higher than +10 counts. It had me questioning myself-- did I lose the count, jump it up decade? No, I think it just happens sometimes.
Yes, its common to whiff on LL even with a high count. Now if no one else at the table was getting 10's at the table at a high count, then I would question if my count is off.

Gamblor said:
Yes, its common to whiff on LL even with a high count. Now if no one else at the table was getting 10's at the table at a high count, then I would question if my count is off.
If no one else is getting 10's that means the count is even higher and I'm betting it again! We can question after the shuffle. :eyepatch:

It's much more frustrating when everybody gets the 10's but you.

aslan

Automatic Monkey said:
If no one else is getting 10's that means the count is even higher and I'm betting it again! We can question after the shuffle. :eyepatch:

It's much more frustrating when everybody gets the 10's but you.
That's what came to mind. The next bet will be even better. But not so for me. There were enough small cards that many of the big cards must have been disproportionately behind the cut card. But you can't know that until after the shoe.

zengrifter said:
There are a couple of specialty counts for LLs, but they are poor for main game bets and plays. Just use the KO
that you are comfortable with and make sure that your strike points are correct, especially for the pay-version you engage (QQh 125 vs 200, etc.). zg
What are the specialty counts ?

assume_R

Iron Man said:
What are the specialty counts ?
The insurance count could be considered a specialty count since you are solely keeping track of 10's. But another example of a specialty count would count the queen of hearts separately since it's worth more than any of the other 10's.

Right, like Jacobson's recommendation for shoe games of
A-9: +1
10 - K: -2
Qh: -6

He says max at TC +10 but I wanted a bit more info that that. I'm just curious if anyone has sims with variance, ROR and BR requirements, etc on a solely LL count system excluding playing the bj hand.

assume_R

Iron Man said:
Right, like Jacobson's recommendation for shoe games of
A-9: +1
10 - K: -2
Qh: -6

He says max at TC +10 but I wanted a bit more info that that. I'm just curious if anyone has sims with variance, ROR and BR requirements, etc on a solely LL count system excluding playing the bj hand.
That sounds pretty good. Honestly I haven't played around with sims, but with the side bet, when you start to get an advantage, it'll probably rise quickly. So for optimal bets, at the strike point it may be optimal to bet a little bit less than $25, but since they usually have a $25 LL max, after the strike point you should probably be betting the max of $25. If others have variance and EV numbers, I can get the RoR and BR requirements.