Perfect insurance!

Blue Efficacy

This was absolutely amazing. Last session I was playing, I was right on my insurance call EVERY SINGLE TIME! Normally I am not one to brag on here, but this was just too remarkable. No HC play involved either. It was all a result of counting, tracking, and some intuition (it was double deck hand shuffled, sometimes I get a "feeling" of how the cards will come out.)

This was over 6 hours or so of play.

Sucker

Blue Efficacy said:
and some intuition (it was double deck hand shuffled, sometimes I get a "feeling" of how the cards will come out.)
:eek::eek:
I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but THIS is a fatal flaw. Until you COMPLETELY erase the word "intuition" from your vocabulary, you will NEVER be a winning player. And I don't want to hear some cockamamy excuse about the fact that it worked THIS time.

Blue Efficacy

Sucker said:
:eek::eek:
I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but THIS is a fatal flaw. Until you COMPLETELY erase the word "intuition" from your vocabulary, you will NEVER be a winning player. And I don't want to hear some cockamamy excuse about the fact that it worked THIS time.
Not voodoo my friend.

Deride me all you want. But if I see an abnormal amount of sevens in a segment, there are times where I will hit my hard 14 vs any dealer upcard. This is just one example...
Think outside the box.

104 cards and a rudimentary shuffle, is easier than you might think.

My personal record at this store is currently 19 wins 1 break even and 3 losses. And the pit bosses are nothing but friendly to me. I guess it is all just luck on my part :rolleyes:

I have seen a card counter get barred at my very table not once, but twice.

muppet

Blue Efficacy said:
This was absolutely amazing. Last session I was playing, I was right on my insurance call EVERY SINGLE TIME! Normally I am not one to brag on here, but this was just too remarkable. No HC play involved either. It was all a result of counting, tracking, and some intuition (it was double deck hand shuffled, sometimes I get a "feeling" of how the cards will come out.)

so maybe you got lucky. last weekend i won 69 units in 10 minutes of play using just a 1-8 spread and hi-lo.

but hey, i'm not one to brag

Blue Efficacy

muppet said:
so maybe you got lucky. last weekend i won 69 units in 10 minutes of play using just a 1-8 spread and hi-lo.

but hey, i'm not one to brag
Of course there was luck involved, I never meant to suggest otherwise.

Sucker

Blue Efficacy said:
Not voodoo my friend.

Deride me all you want. But if I see an abnormal amount of sevens in a segment, there are times where I will hit my hard 14 vs any dealer upcard.(it was double deck hand shuffled,sometimes I get a "feeling" of how the cards will come out.)
This is not personal. I was not deriding you at all. And I CERTAINLY wasn't criticizing you for shuffle tracking. I was simply stating the fact that the OTHER things you mention - intuition and playing by "feeling", have NO place in the professional gambling world. If you actually think that intuition, "feeling", and "thinking outside the box" somehow go together; then you really DO need to readjust your definition of "thinking outside the box". Make no mistake; playing by "intuition" and/or "feeling", absolutely IS Voodoo blackjack strategy, no matter how much you try to justify and pretend otherwise.

fubster

do what you want but in my experience with gambling, if you have "a feel" for something it's generally incorrect especially when you're playing bj which is a game in which your opponent is restricted to a clear set of actions...

Blue Efficacy

Sucker said:
This is not personal. I was not deriding you at all. And I CERTAINLY wasn't criticizing you for shuffle tracking. I was simply stating the fact that the OTHER things you mention - intuition and playing by "feeling", have NO place in the professional gambling world. If you actually think that intuition, "feeling", and "thinking outside the box" somehow go together; then you really DO need to readjust your definition of "thinking outside the box". Make no mistake; playing by "intuition" and/or "feeling", absolutely IS Voodoo blackjack strategy, no matter how much you try to justify and pretend otherwise.
Again you make me out to be some kind of superstitious moron. My feelings are based on what I have observed; if that is voodoo so be it.

You are simply misunderstanding my definition of "feeling" as much of it comes from the meticulous attention that I pay to the cards.

Blue

Blue Efficacy said:

Love to be right on Insurance.

Sometimes, like you, almost all, sometimes I look like an Ass!!:):grin:

CP

Blue Efficacy

fubster said:
do what you want but in my experience with gambling, if you have "a feel" for something it's generally incorrect especially when you're playing bj which is a game in which your opponent is restricted to a clear set of actions...
So lets say you know that at least 7 of the sevens are within a particular deck of cards. this deck is halfway through, with only 1 seven out. You have 14, dealer shows small card. If you get the feeling hitting might not be so bad a move, this isn't voodoo. This is a feeling you get from knowing something about the composition of the cards. It is unlikely you would be at the index in your counting system to hit, but knowing the abundance of sevens changes things considerably.

I look for things like that, don't try to overdo it, but look for little ways like that to increase my edge. I use the term feeling because I don't always go strictly "by the numbers" which is very possibly detrimental, but perhaps not because it allows me to divide my attention more ways.

Blue

Blue Efficacy said:
So lets say you know that at least 7 of the sevens are within a particular deck of cards. this deck is halfway through, with only 1 seven out. You have 14, dealer shows small card. If you get the feeling hitting might not be so bad a move, this isn't voodoo. This is a feeling you get from knowing something about the composition of the cards. It is unlikely you would be at the index in your counting system to hit, but knowing the abundance of sevens changes things considerably.

I look for things like that, don't try to overdo it, but look for little ways like that to increase my edge. I use the term feeling because I don't always go strictly "by the numbers" which is very possibly detrimental, but perhaps not because it allows me to divide my attention more ways.
My only problem with your post is the amount of specifity that you mentioned.

Like the type of game it was and the other counters and when you played and your win rate,,,you need to stop that type of data,,,bad for you, bad for me, bad for all of us. I like your story, just don't hang us all by giving it, and certainly not yourself. We have a good thing, let us not ruin it by how we post.:)

CP

Sucker

Blue Efficacy said:
Again you make me out to be some kind of superstitious moron. My feelings are based on what I have observed; if that is voodoo so be it.

You are simply misunderstanding my definition of "feeling" as much of it comes from the meticulous attention that I pay to the cards.
Once again; I do not think that you're a superstitious moron. But when you parse the word "feeling", a reasonable person could easily INFER that you're showing superstitious tendencies. So you're right, I DID misunderstand you.

Now that THAT'S out of the way:
I CERTAINLY don't think you're a MORON; as a matter of fact I'm rather impressed with your NATURAL "shuffle tracking" abilities. Because now that I understand you; I know that what you're describing as "feeling" is nothing more than shuffle tracking. And when shuffle tracking is implemented correctly, you absolutely ARE "playing by the numbers". It's just DIFFERENT numbers.

My suggestion to you is to study up as much as you can on the subject of shuffle tracking. It appears that you may have a knack for it, and could quite possibly become a master. An expert shuffle tracker is in a different LEAGUE than someone who is merely an expert card counter.

Your friend,
Sucker