QFIT sp21 indices

zoomie

I am interested in the sp21 indices for Norm's FELT/RPC, as I have used RPC for BJ for a long time. Just received Modern BJ Vol II, and the tables at 561 are for 6 decks. Can anyone help me get/generate indices for 8 decks, as all sp21 where I play uses 8? TIA, zoomie :)

assume_R

zoomie said:
I am interested in the sp21 indices for Norm's FELT/RPC, as I have used RPC for BJ for a long time. Just received Modern BJ Vol II, and the tables at 561 are for 6 decks. Can anyone help me get/generate indices for 8 decks, as all sp21 where I play uses 8? TIA, zoomie :)
Firstly, the index numbers will probably be similar, if not the same, for 8 or 6 decks. Secondly, in cvindex, you change the number of decks option to 8, and on the next page the "Modified Decks" options lets you specify exactly how many of each card there exists in the shoe. And cvindex includes templates for the bonuses. Explore and play around with it. If you have a specific question or something you can't figure out, ask your question with a screenshot attached.

zoomie

assume_R said:
Firstly, the index numbers will probably be similar, if not the same, for 8 or 6 decks. Secondly, in cvindex, you change the number of decks option to 8, and on the next page the "Modified Decks" options lets you specify exactly how many of each card there exists in the shoe. And cvindex includes templates for the bonuses. Explore and play around with it. If you have a specific question or something you can't figure out, ask your question with a screenshot attached.
Thank you very much assume R for your help. :)

Here is the screenshot for Setup (for Sp21 Index Generation) after I edit from 6D to 8D and with the shuffle set at 72 cards (1 1/2 spanish decks). What is going on with the calculation of pen? I'm sure it's just me :), but the apparent miscalculation is unsettling.

[Don't know how to string screenshots within a post, so will have to string posts . . . ]

Attachments

zoomie

No surprises that I noticed on the Rules menu, but then for Payoffs I get the following. The default number of each card in the shoe is mystifying. Why would it be 24 of everything except 72 Xs? For 8 decks there would be 32 of everything, then 96 Xs. Does the program just not reset later menus in response to settings on earlier ones? [Guessing yes . . . ]

Attachments

assume_R

zoomie said:
No surprises that I noticed on the Rules menu, but then for Payoffs I get the following. The default number of each card in the shoe is mystifying. Why would it be 24 of everything except 72 Xs? For 8 decks there would be 32 of everything, then 96 Xs. Does the program just not reset later menus in response to settings on earlier ones? [Guessing yes . . . ]
My version (5.0.55) does update the later screens, but perhaps this version doesn't. Just update it yourself.

Also - this is key - some of the custom bonuses included in the template are incorrect. You can see this if you turn on the hand log and look at some of the payouts. Basically, for the 6,7,8 bonuses, you must specify that your hand contains exactly 3 cards and totals 21. Otherwise, if I remember correctly, it would pay out a bonus on 6,7,2,8 for example.

In addition, make sure the bonuses are paid out on multiple split hands and not on doubled hands. See the help file for custom bonuses.

You can verify all this through the hand log, but also by setting up the basic strategy, and making sure a BS player is getting a TBA of -0.40% (as per Wizard of Odds).

Hope this helps.

Edit: The hand log is not available in cvindex but just for cvdata. So use cvdata first to verify a basic strategy player's TBA and bonuses and everything else before trying the index generator.

duanedibley

RPC tags are not very good for Spanish 21.

The best simple level-2 count as far as I know is {1,1,1,2,1,0,0,-1,-1,-2}.

If you don't want to generate indices yourself just send me a PM and I'll forward you the chart.

assume_R

duanedibley said:
RPC tags are not very good for Spanish 21.

The best simple level-2 count as far as I know is {1,1,1,2,1,0,0,-1,-1,-2}.

If you don't want to generate indices yourself just send me a PM and I'll forward you the chart.
Yes, that is a great count for betting decisions. But keep in mind that count doesn't yield very good decisions for your stiff hand decisions, which are pretty important in this game.

In BJ your 12v2,3,4 and 13v2 are pretty much the only important ones, but in this game you need to know 13v4,5,6 ; 14v2,3,4,5,6 ; 15v2, and all the bonus hands (such as 7,8 vs 3 which is at a TC of about 0). So in those decisions counting the ace as -2 kills you a bit. Not too much but just keep that in mind.

duanedibley

assume_R said:
Yes, that is a great count for betting decisions. But keep in mind that count doesn't yield very good decisions for your stiff hand decisions, which are pretty important in this game.

In BJ your 12v2,3,4 and 13v2 are pretty much the only important ones, but in this game you need to know 13v4,5,6 ; 14v2,3,4,5,6 ; 15v2, and all the bonus hands (such as 7,8 vs 3 which is at a TC of about 0). So in those decisions counting the ace as -2 kills you a bit. Not too much but just keep that in mind.
Agreed.

I did find betting still to be more important than playing in all the counts I looked at for the 8 deck game I play.