$25.70 cab fare from the Orleans to airport!

Billy C1 said:
Some drivers will play games like telling you there's construction on the normal route, etc. Pretend like you made the same trip yesterday and display some street smarts.

BillyC1
Don't forget the big-accident story. "No tunnel." "But there's a big accident on Tropicana & Koval."

If you're going to the Strip and they take you through the Tunnel, just don't pay the fare. Ask for the police to be called. The cab driver won't want the police to get involved because he will get fined for longhauling. In most instances, you can settle for paying $15, the normal fare it should cost to get to the Strip, and the cab driver will have to make up the difference.

The Tunnel is only better if you're going downtown, when the fare difference is a few bucks, but you get there much quicker. So if you're staying downtown, you want the cab driver to take the tunnel, especially in rush hour.

aslan

CrazyEddie said:
Don't forget the big-accident story. "No tunnel." "But there's a big accident on Tropicana & Koval."
I had a taxi driver to the airport named Crazy Eddie last year-- he gave me his card, which I still have. Said to call him if I ever needed a cab. No lie. :laugh:

aslan

Coach R said:
I was in vegas in Oct. stayed at Orleans, cab ride was $11.50. sounds like you took the long way
The Orleans is on Tropicana, a straight and short shot to the airport. Maybe you got over-charged. :p

Caesar

Taxi ripoffs are common

I met a German tourist who was charged forty for a cab ride from the airport to Riviera. There have also been several newspaper articles about cab drivers routinely ripping off tourists.

FLASH1296

I tried FOX. It was regrettable.

[I drove a taxi in N.Y.C. full-time for 4 years.]

If reported, the cabbie will pay a surprisingly stiff fine.

aslan said:
I had a taxi driver to the airport named Crazy Eddie last year-- he gave me his card, which I still have. Said to call him if I ever needed a cab. No lie. :laugh:
I don't drive a cab. I will, however, beat any price you can find on color TV, car stereo, DVD players....

21forme

CrazyEddie said:
I don't drive a cab. I will, however, beat any price you can find on color TV, car stereo, DVD players....
I thought you were in jail...

Anyone remember JGE Appliance:
"If you woik for the city, state or federal government..."

Last edited: