Question regarding pair of 4's

Wong advises in Professional Blackjack to never split them, to treat as an 8.

My strategy chart says to split when the dealer has an upcard of 5 or 6.

Would appreciate feedback from forum members.

thanks!

Thanks, Ken Smith. Yes, I did find another chart in Wong, where he indicates to split 4's vs dealer 5 or 6, if the count equals or exceeds -1, or -2, respectively. (Applying when rules allow DAS, and dealer stands on S17.)

There was a thread on this subject a while back. A debate over whether to split or double with a dealer 5 or 6 up when both indices were exceeded. Do a search or maybe someone can put up a link. It was a good thread.

SBT said:
Thanks, Ken Smith. Yes, I did find another chart in Wong, where he indicates to split 4's vs dealer 5 or 6, if the count equals or exceeds -1, or -2, respectively. (Applying when rules allow DAS, and dealer stands on S17.)
Shoulod also state to split in h17 games as well.

Homeschool

SBT said:
While I'm sure there's an index for when you shouldn't, BS does say split vs 5,6 like Ken says if DAS, which means split reagardless unless an index has been met, unless I'm missing something.......

Last edited:
Thanks!

The thread about doubling or splitting 4's, started by Bacchante is very informative and helpful. Thanks for mentioning it, tthree and Bacchante.