Visual Acuity

For what it's worth, reversing a card in the deck and riffling as fast as you possibly can will do a similar job, but I'm not sure how much value this kind of practice has. I personally don't feel that I've benefitted much from it.

Craps Master

A few points:
  1. This kind of stuff is probably a waste of time. I'm in the same camp as ExhibitCAA when it comes to HC training. I will not state that no other method of training is superior or that a superior method could not be found; I just think it's unlikely to be the case.
  2. You can definitely see the Galilean moons with hand-held binoculars. I've done it many times with some 8x42s.

blackriver

Lonesome Gambler said:
There's a pretty superior method, which I believe was already mentioned by Sucker in this thread!
if you dont know the limits of what can/cant be seen how will you know its a flasher?

rememebr those seeing eyes thing that were popular 10-15 years ago? youd stare at some random pattern until your eyes unfocused or something (im bad at them) and youd see a picture behind it all. what if someone told you just staring at things for a while would sometimes reveal a picture but never told you what things. 2011, how many things would you have to stare at now before you accidently did it to a magic eye picture? 1 million? how many until you gave up? 5...10?

blackriver

im not a holecarder yet, but i keep looking for flashers with no success. what % of dealers flash and can be seen by a non-slouching average 5'8" - 6' male? from that UBT vid on youtube grosjean looks to be nearly 6' which is reassuring. any hints, such as MGM vs harahs or indys. or old vs new, catering to old vs young, tourists vs locals etc. i just assume lowerstakes locals hangouts in the middle of nowhere is where its at, but i dont know if im up for that

blackriver said:
im not a holecarder yet, but i keep looking for flashers with no success. what % of dealers flash and can be seen by a non-slouching average 5'8" - 6' male? from that UBT vid on youtube grosjean looks to be nearly 6' which is reassuring. any hints, such as MGM vs harahs or indys. or old vs new, catering to old vs young, tourists vs locals etc. i just assume lowerstakes locals hangouts in the middle of nowhere is where its at, but i dont know if im up for that
"Read THE BOOK, EVERY PAGE!" z:laugh:g
Or to answer your question, what to look for, see Malmuth BJ Essays, for starters. zg

Ps - for BJ HC, its MOSTLY handheld games.

Craps Master said:
A few points:
  1. This kind of stuff is probably a waste of time. I'm in the same camp as ExhibitCAA when it comes to HC training. I will not state that no other method of training is superior or that a superior method could not be found; I just think it's unlikely to be the case.
You are referring to the tachistoscope? zg

Southpaw

zengrifter said:
"Read THE BOOK, EVERY PAGE!" z:laugh:g
Or to answer your question, what to look for, see Malmuth BJ Essays, for starters. zg

Ps - for BJ HC, its MOSTLY handheld games.
Malmuth BJ Essays, is this a hard copy or is it on the web? If the latter, can you provide a link.

Merci,

Spaw