Reservation cops off the reservation?

Deals

Deals are cut with the local sheriff,,,deputize the Tribal Police, and we give donations to your Sheriff dept. for things like cars, equipment etc,,,not cool really.

But then again, America is pretty much totally corrupted and built on lies.

CP

shadroch

I don't see what the problem is. Tribal cops were in hot pursuit of a fleeing suspect. Its no different than a NY State cop chasing a supect into New Jersey.

shadroch said:
I don't see what the problem is. Tribal cops were in hot pursuit of a fleeing suspect. Its no different than a NY State cop chasing a supect into New Jersey.
I see it more like Mexican police chasing a suspect into Texas. If they hit someone with their car and injure them, who is going to pay the bills?

Even police crossing state lines has its issues. They don't have the power to arrest and carry someone back over the state line.

shadroch

Automatic Monkey said:
I see it more like Mexican police chasing a suspect into Texas. If they hit someone with their car and injure them, who is going to pay the bills?

Even police crossing state lines has its issues. They don't have the power to arrest and carry someone back over the state line.
They do. Its the concept of hot pursuit. If a crime occurs in NY, and the chase starts in NY, they have the right to pursue into NJ, arrest and return the suspect to NY without going thru an extradition process. If NJ cops make the arrest, suspects go thru extradition.
In the case mentioned, its all in state anyway. Its not as is if the tribal police went and kicked down a door to serve a warrant outside of their jurisdiction.

Katweezel

This story goes: the suspects fled in a Honda Accord at speeds up to 90mph, threw a gun out the car window, and were found to have a fair amount of meth in the Honda. This seriously stretches credibility... I once had a Honda Accord, and it struggled to get over 60, and I never threw a gun out the window. As for the meth, how much did the cops get off with? :)

shadroch

paddywhack said:
Think you've got that backward shad.

90 in OZ would be about 60 (actually about 56) in US. So Kat's Honda was REALLY slow.

Of course its backward. Its also upside down. Remember Oz is on the other side of the equator.

Katweezel

shadroch said:
Of course its backward. Its also upside down. Remember Oz is on the other side of the equator.
Now now... As I recall, South America is in the same category. And Africa. (The three balance the whole kaboodle.) One of those is responsible for a decent distribution of wealth, from teh North to the South, via Charlie Sheen and Mexico. Why can't you do anything about it? :eyepatch: