50% increase each win

OHIO

A friend told me that he plays BJ 6 decks .. increase bet 50% each win until he losses then back to the original bet. If a reshuffle or new dealer he starts again with the original bet.He only will increase up to 5 times then back to original bet.
He insists that this is the best way to win money.I am a new card counter and can't believe this will work. Can anyone one inform me if this meothod of playing is profitable. Ofcourse basic strategy applies...thanks for your input...OHIO

Sonny

It is just another Martingale system. If you want more information, there are several articles in the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

-Sonny-

assume_R

Sonny said:
It is just another Martingale system. If you want more information, there are several articles in the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

-Sonny-
Hey, Sonny, you ever get tired of typing the "See the Stickies" message you seem to have to type a lot? :rolleyes::laugh:

Sonny

assume_R said:
Hey, Sonny, you ever get tired of typing the "See the Stickies" message you seem to have to type a lot? :rolleyes::laugh:
Yup. :grin: Like I always say, if everyone understood the Gambler's Fallacy this forum wouldn't exist. It is literally the answer to every single thread that gets posted here - hence the stickies. Maybe I should make a sticky thread the tells people to read the sticky threads. But would they read it?

-Sonny-

So if he thinks that half-martingale will make him a winner, why not go all out with full martingale to double his profits?

Better yet, why limit to 6 decks when you could play 8 and waste less time on the shuffle? Or play a CSM so you can have non-stop martingale fun!

:laugh:

Don't take my advice seriously, just something to think about though...

My progression CAN'T lose!

It's simple. I double my bet every time I'm going to win the next hand, and I pull back to the minimum every time I'm going to lose the next hand.

(I'm still working a couple of bugs out. I'll keep you posted.)

shadroch

In a choppy game, you'll get killed,
Win $5, lose $7.50, win $5, lose $7.50. You just won 50% of your bets and are down one unit after only four hands.

psyduck

BJBlowHole said:

It's simple. I double my bet every time I'm going to win the next hand, and I pull back to the minimum every time I'm going to lose the next hand.

How do you know you are going to win the next hand? If you do, why only double your bet? Bet all your money plus your clothes!

aslan

BJBlowHole said:

It sounds very much similar to a progression I've been working on. Bet high when you win, and low when you lose. But you have to be very careful, because it attracts a lot of heat. Sometimes I mask what I'm doing by deliberately betting low when I win. I don't want to ruin a perfectly good thing. :cool:

aslan

psyduck said:
How do you know you are going to win the next hand? If you do, why only double your bet? Bet all your money plus your clothes!
Reminds me of a verse from the Gambler's Bible, George the Greek Version. First Book of Progressions, Chapter 1, verse 16: "That's the way it goes; first your money, then your clothes."