The second to last farewell

Dopple

I want to thank all the members for their great help answering all my myriad questions. I may be back in the future but am going to lick my wounds for about 6 months. My hope was to have fun and make a little extra money maybe bank enough to take my daughter to Disneyland. I had to had to just find and see if I could make $15 to $30 per hour on a regular basis and did not have the bank to sustain the downfalls. Many of you told me that but being a stubborn type I had to find out. It made me feel like a winner to win and gave me a deep pride.

Now that I cannot produce anything for my 5 year old girls future I will instead treasure this precious time we have together in nature and puzzles, words and song.

Please again accept my most deep and sincere thanks for all you have given me and please continue to fight the good fight.

blackchipjim

Not good bye but so long

Hey dopple, you have a good head on your shoulders and smart enough to use it. Your priorties are important and the most important things in life are your family. This is a game, and that's all it is nothing more. Stability in family is much more satisfying in life then the best blackjack game in the world. Always visit and keep sharp and maybe even play recreationally once in awhile. We will be here gabbing and blabbing still when you return. Til we meet here again.

Sucker

If I only had a dollar for every time I "quit" playing blackjack......

I would always have the same worries about MY daughter - every time I tapped out. But did I mention? My daughter is now a dental technician making six figures a year. Because of my stubbornness and a foolhardy refusal to let the game beat ME, her college education was 100% bought & paid for with blackjack winnings.

Your priorities seem to be in the right place. Whether you choose to give up blackjack or not - your daughter is going to turn out just fine!

NightStalker

correct choice

Dopple said:
I want to thank all the members for their great help answering all my myriad questions. I may be back in the future but am going to lick my wounds for about 6 months. My hope was to have fun and make a little extra money maybe bank enough to take my daughter to Disneyland. I had to had to just find and see if I could make $15 to $30 per hour on a regular basis and did not have the bank to sustain the downfalls. Many of you told me that but being a stubborn type I had to find out. It made me feel like a winner to win and gave me a deep pride.

Now that I cannot produce anything for my 5 year old girls future I will instead treasure this precious time we have together in nature and puzzles, words and song.

Please again accept my most deep and sincere thanks for all you have given me and please continue to fight the good fight.
have a great time..

psyduck

Dopple said:

Trust me, no money can buy the good times with daughter especially at her young ages. Kids grow up too fast. Make sure you write down all the funny things she said. Have fun and best wishes!

Dopple

Dopple said:

I am sorry it did not work out for you, but you are not alone. I am touched by the fact that this was all done for your daughter, to be able to take her to Disneyland.

May I suggest an alternative, Cedar Point in Ohio,,,,,,,,,also a magic place at far less cost.

My very best to you and daughter and maybe, in the future, we will see you here again, if only to shoot the breeze and let us know how you have been doing.:)

Sincerely,
CP

Sucker

Sucker said:
If I only had a dollar for every time I "quit" playing blackjack......

I would always have the same worries about MY daughter - every time I tapped out. But did I mention? My daughter is now a dental technician making six figures a year. Because of my stubbornness and a foolhardy refusal to let the game beat ME, her college education was 100% bought & paid for with blackjack winnings.

Your priorities seem to be in the right place. Whether you choose to give up blackjack or not - your daughter is going to turn out just fine!
I really wish you could make the BASH, we could all learn so very much from you.:cool:

CP

Dopple said:
I want to thank all the members for their great help answering all my myriad questions. I may be back in the future but am going to lick my wounds for about 6 months. My hope was to have fun and make a little extra money maybe bank enough to take my daughter to Disneyland. I had to had to just find and see if I could make $15 to $30 per hour on a regular basis and did not have the bank to sustain the downfalls. Many of you told me that but being a stubborn type I had to find out.
As a recap, tell us your starting BR and your min and max bets. zg

Dopple

I did not want to get into that but I had almost 3k and was spreading 5 - 3 x75 sometimes 3 x 100. I am down 1k on the game now.

moo321

Dopple said:
I did not want to get into that but I had almost 3k and was spreading 5 - 3 x75 sometimes 3 x 100. I am down 1k on the game now.
Ugh, that's not going to work. Overbetting by a lot.

Dopple said:
Okay ... so you were knowingly overbetting right from the start and you are
only down $1000? Keep playing! - spread 10-3x25 and avoid ALL -EV counts.

You are fortunate that you did not get lucky right out of the gate -
- you would have continued to over-bet untill you had catastrophic BR collapse. zg

Automatic Monkey said:
All right, let the guy go. He fought hard and caught the short end of the stick.
He didn't fight hard - hard fought means grinding at the appropriate ROR level.
Instead he courted high ROR and gambled he'd get lucky. As it is he DID get lucky as he could have lost the entire stake in one session. zg

Dopple said:

Sorry to hear what happen to you. It makes me a little nervous as I am just starting to get in to it. I hope to learn a lot from all the pros on this site. Maybe in a couple of years I will be as good as some of them.

Losing $1k in a session really isn't that much to overcome. I've had a 1k swing many times, usually it's me losing say, $600 and then winning it back and then $400 more.

Sharky

WAY overbetting now that you realize you didn't have a $3k BR, it was just $1k

Remember, your BR is "NOT" how much liquid cash you can get your hands on, it is how much you are willing to risk (lose)

zengrifter said:
NOTHING happened to him! z:confused:g
He lost a thousand dollars didn't he ? That is a lot of money in anybody's book. On the other hand maybe you are right he was just a gambler trying to make a score to take his daughter to disneyland. Maybe he should of gotten a part time job and saved his money done it the old fashion way. Gambling sounds easy but I think it might be pretty hard.

NightStalker

really?

Eye of the Tiger said:
He lost a thousand dollars didn't he ? That is a lot of money in anybody's book. On the other hand maybe you are right he was just a gambler trying to make a score to take his daughter to disneyland. Maybe he should of gotten a part time job and saved his money done it the old fashion way. Gambling sounds easy but I think it might be pretty hard.
He lost 1000$ betting 3x75$ that's easily possible(expected) in 1shoe(15mins)..