Counting with a short deck

Lets say for example that a person was able to cut 6 low cards ( +1 cards using HiLo) into the unplayed part of the shoe ( lets assume 83% pen on a 6 deck shoe). Once they did that they just used basic play all stratagy. The wouldn't assume that they cut those six cards out though.The betting ramp would be 2 units on +2 3 units on +3 etc. What kind results would this stratagy yield?

johndoe

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I think that you should count these cards as if they had been played, and increase the pen accordingly. Then bet as you normally would.

Sonny

Sounds like a job for CVData! I don't have the exact numbers (maybe I can sim it tonight) but essentially you are betting more conservatively (waiting for a higher count to raise your bets) but mitigating that by getting a much higher frequency of advantageous situations. It's better than playing against a full shoe, but worse than playing optimally. I'll try to run the numbers tonight.

-Sonny-

Would anyone like to run a sim of a 6 deck, DAS Hit on soft 17 and 83 pen where the count of the one deck that is not played is +6? Just assume flat betting. In the end would you come out about even?