Tales from the felt

Myself and a Highly Skilled AP from this site were playing together at the same table at a very good game but we were getting nowhere fast because the good times just were not showing, we were just nursing things along till good things did come our way. At one point, I believe out of boredom and a little frustration, my friend whispers to me if he should split his tens, I say "sure", dealer had a 6 up, he pulls an ace on the first and a ace on the second, dealer says "you wanna double that 11?", friend says "sure", doubles and pulls a ten, dealer goes on to bust and not a peep from the table,, so I guess the lesson is kids,,,always split tens and double on soft 11 after split:laugh:

We had noticed that first base had been doing well, but clearly no AP, but I think he thought he was,:rolleyes:, and the time had come when things got good, I and my friend pushed out the big bets, which we had been waiting for, with the dealer 6 up, the azzhole on first refuses to hit his 6,:confused:, my friend brings it to his attention, but he still will not hit, I have 20, friend 20, dealer pulls to 21 when if this guy had hit his 6 the dealer would have busted,,,,my partner displays his disgust towards that player in a way that shocks the hell out of me:yikes:, which I thought was way boss, as I never really thought he had it in him to attack in that manner:grin::cool: Soon the azz at first left the table.:cool:

Later on another AP joined us and things started getting real good and some big bets were now hitting the felt, and the other players were mimicing our bets, and were were getting shallacked in a horrible fashion,,waiting all this time and then getting butchered, dealer BJ's, 5 card 21's etc. By this time my internal anger was reaching rage state, although I said nothing I am sure it was showing on my countenance. When the shuffle came my 2 friends took a short walk while I stayed near the table, with murder on my mind:eek:, a woman and her man came up beside me and leaned against the table grilling the dealer as to if anyone was playing two spots because they wanted one, at which time I said, "no one is playing two spots", in a manner at which she and her man took as offensive and she asked why I had to be so mean about it, now her husband is staring at me and she is whinning at me and I tell here, "it is very rude to try and get someone to give up their spot so you can play, people do not appreciate that", now in my mood I am knowing that if her hubby makes a move it is all over and I am ready to have at it, at which time she grabs his arm and say's, "come on honey lets just go, from the looks of this guy we don't wanna play at his table anyway":laugh:

It is amazing to me that some people will approach a table where it is clear something very serious is going down, that these players are not out for entertainment, and then try to inject themslves into the game to the point of becoming a nuisance and facing the wrath of those at the table. Ignorant,, ,,but I think this couple will think twice next time. :grin:

CP

21forme

creeping panther said:
a Highly Skilled AP
and

creeping panther said:
dealer pulls to 21 when if this guy had hit his 6 the dealer would have busted,,,,my partner displays his disgust towards that player in a way that shocks the hell out of me:yikes:,
Seems like a contradiction, doesn't it?

Blue Efficacy

CP, you know it is equally likely that the player hitting their six would have actually CAUSED the dealer 21 rather than preventing it, right?

You have 2 cards left in the shoe. a 10 and a 5. The cards will be ordered 10,5 just as often as they will be 5,10.

Blue

Blue Efficacy said:
CP, you know it is equally likely that the player hitting their six would have actually CAUSED the dealer 21 rather than preventing it, right?

You have 2 cards left in the shoe. a 10 and a 5. The cards will be ordered 10,5 just as often as they will be 5,10.
Really, never knew that:laugh:;)

I really don't ever care what another player does. The point is it really takes an idiot to stand on 6, dig???

Also,, this smug Jack Azz did cause alot of money to be lost by his ignorance, and sometimes, some people, just cannot ignore that:grin::laugh:

I also liked the fact that my AP buddy is more of a bad ass than I had realized and that is,,Super :cool:

CP

CP

Blue Efficacy

creeping panther said:
Really, never knew that:laugh:;)

I really don't ever care what another player does. The point is it really takes an idiot to stand on 6, dig???

Also,, this smug Jack Azz did cause alot of money to be lost by his ignorance, and sometimes, some people, just cannot ignore that:grin::laugh:

I also liked the fact that my AP buddy is more of a bad ass than I had realized and that is,,Super :cool:

CP

CP
If he was playing badly and being a ****, I understand getting mad. But no point in getting mad about just innocent poor play, as this will save you as many times as it will #### you. Just a few nights ago, a guy doubled a hard 14 against a dealer 2, and ended up saving a substantial bet of mine. And that's an even worse play than standing with 6! :laugh:

21gunsalute

Blue Efficacy said:

Well then if the dealer earns his 21, no problem. If he's given a 21 by someone playing so stupidly, it should at least be pointed out to the ignoramus that he made a stupid play and caused the entire table to lose, some with rather large bets out.

21gunsalute

Blue Efficacy said:
If he was playing badly and being a ****, I understand getting mad. But no point in getting mad about just innocent poor play, as this will save you as many times as it will #### you. Just a few nights ago, a guy doubled a hard 14 against a dealer 2, and ended up saving a substantial bet of mine. And that's an even worse play than standing with 6! :laugh:
Not even close. He at least stands a chance of making a hand by hitting his 14, and the dealer will make a hand over 60% of the time whether he hits or not. By standing on 6 the player has no chance of making a hand and can only win if the dealer busts.

21gunsalute said:
Not even close. He at least stands a chance of making a hand by hitting his 14, and the dealer will make a hand over 60% of the time whether he hits or not. By standing on 6 the player has no chance of making a hand and can only win if the dealer busts.
So what would of happened if he hit his 6 and drew a 10? He still wouldn't have a hand and he would of taken the dealers "bust card". I think people often forget that ANY hand under 17 is a automatic loser if the dealer doesn't bust. What is the difference between 6 and 16?

21gunsalute

Chipper said:
So what would of happened if he hit his 6 and drew a 10? He still wouldn't have a hand and he would of taken the dealers "bust card". I think people often forget that ANY hand under 17 is a automatic loser if the dealer doesn't bust. What is the difference between 6 and 16?
The difference between 6 and 16 is negative 10. One would think you would have learned that in school: :rolleyes:

6-(-10)=16
There you have it! :laugh:

What would have happen if he had an 11 instead of 6? Using your "logic" he should stand on 11 because he might take the bust card, right? What if he were 20 but looked like he was 16 and didn't bring any ID with him? Were you the idiot at first base?

Blue Efficacy

21gunsalute said:
Not even close? That doesn't sound right, as you'll never lose double by standing with 6. You'll also bust out nearly half the time.

Not saying that for sure the double down is worse, but there's no way it is substantially better as you claim.

Blue Efficacy

21gunsalute said:
Well then if the dealer earns his 21, no problem. If he's given a 21 by someone playing so stupidly, it should at least be pointed out to the ignoramus that he made a stupid play and caused the entire table to lose, some with rather large bets out.
What if this prods him to make the right play next time, where this time the RIGHT play will cost the big bettors lotsa chips?

BrianCP

The point is, logic doesn't really matter when you get angry about some moron not hitting on a 6 despite people pointing out that he obviously should, and then the dealer makes a 21. This isn't actually his fault of course, logically we know that. However, the fact you just lost a big bet in a good count causes you to blame SOMEONE, must be that idiot who didn't hit a 6!

Plus getting angry is fun and most likely provides some mild cover.

BrianCP said:
The point is, logic doesn't really matter when you get angry about some moron not hitting on a 6 despite people pointing out that he obviously should, and then the dealer makes a 21. This isn't actually his fault of course, logically we know that. However, the fact you just lost a big bet in a good count causes you to blame SOMEONE, must be that idiot who didn't hit a 6!

Plus getting angry is fun and most likely provides some mild cover.
I agree, and I have played at being angry with a civilian for altering the outcome. Got to be careful though- acting stays with you subconsciously and before you know it, it can become real.

21gunsalute said:
The difference between 6 and 16 is negative 10. One would think you would have learned that in school: :rolleyes:

6-(-10)=16
There you have it! :laugh:

What would have happen if he had an 11 instead of 6? Using your "logic" he should stand on 11 because he might take the bust card, right? What if he were 20 but looked like he was 16 and didn't bring any ID with him? Were you the idiot at first base?
Odds are that if he takes another card it will be greater than 5 (especially in a high count) and he will have a stiff hand either way. Anything under 17 is an automatic loser. Doesn't matter if it 4 or 16.

21gunsalute

Chipper said:
Odds are that if he takes another card it will be greater than 5 (especially in a high count) and he will have a stiff hand either way. Anything under 17 is an automatic loser. Doesn't matter if it 4 or 16.
So what's your point? Are you actually saying you should always stay on soft hands against a dealer stiff because you might take the bust card and not make a hand? Some of us like to live a little more dangerously. :rolleyes: