Poker Equities

I am writing a program to determine the equities of 2 poker hands in texas hold em. The only reason why I cant use pokerstove is because I am using 6 decks for this simulation. Can anyone out there verify some of the equities I got?

I simulated Ks9c vs 6h5h over a million rounds and I got the K9 wins 56.2% of the time, ties .46% of the time and 56hh wins 43.36% of the time. Would anyone like to verify these or some other numbers?

MangoJ

You should do an exhaustive calculation to verify, it's just 2 million rounds.

For a million monte carlo rounds, standard error is 0.1%.

I'm not worried about simulating more rounds, I'm worried about how accurate my code is. I want to make sure there aren't any mistakes in ranking the hands.

MangoJ

1357111317 said:
I'm not worried about simulating more rounds, I'm worried about how accurate my code is. I want to make sure there aren't any mistakes in ranking the hands.
You should modularize your code. Make a ranking routine and test it separately. You should test with marginal hands as high cards, second kickers, top flushes, playing board etc. Once you know ranking is perfect, write a drawing routine, and test the routine heavily for bias. Then write a simulation.

To test the simulation itself you should do a full-scale calculation with results to compare. Note that a 2-million exhaustive calculation is different from a 2-million monte carlo simulation. Then you compuate simulation average against the exact result, and compare the difference with the variance expected for a simulation.

This is the way to go if you want to test your code.