insurance at t.c.+4 or r.c.>number of unseen aces?

yesiamred

When using the hi-low counting system...take insurance at true count of +4 or when the running count is greater than the number of unseen aces. Which would actually be more effective and accurate and why? Thanks in advance for any information!

I think it is something similar to the Victor Insurance Parameter in the Hi Opt system?

Thanks Red :toast:

Red

yesiamred said:
When using the hi-low counting system...take insurance at true count of +4 or when the running count is greater than the number of unseen aces. Which would actually be more effective and accurate and why? Thanks in advance for any information!

I think it is something similar to the Victor Insurance Parameter in the Hi Opt system?

Red,
Hi-Lo, Ace is up they ask for insurance, if Pos 3 or better you should take it(6d), a move that I love to make and I feel Soooooooo good when I am right:grin::cool:

2.5 2D-Hi-Lo

My Best,
CP

It's Known

yesiamred said:

For 6 deck the ev maximizing indice for hi lo is > tc 3.
One can keep an A side count to improve the accuracy. However, you have the effort of using 2 counts but only making a little bit more.

yesiamred

blackjack avenger said:
For 6 deck the ev maximizing indice for hi lo is > tc 3.
One can keep an A side count to improve the accuracy. However, you have the effort of using 2 counts but only making a little bit more.
Some of my index numbers are modified from the original hi-lo system so my insurance is at +4. I currently use three separate counts; double count, card tags and side count of aces in 2, 4 and 6 deck games...

I was just curious and wanted to know the math/justification of taking insurance at the true count or the running count with aces.

“The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare”

yesiamred

Blue Efficacy said:
Side count of aces with hi lo is overkill in a game with more than 2 decks.
Hi Blue,
I am sure you are correct but I find my feet moving everytime I see an ace even when I am not playing!!! :laugh:

Red

yesiamred said:
Hi Blue,
I am sure you are correct but I find my feet moving everytime I see an ace even when I am not playing!!! :laugh:

Red
If you really want to sidecount aces, you may be better off using an ace-neutral system to begin with.

one of my friends taught me this,

"true counted" unbalanced insurance count,

IRC(initial running count)=-4*(number of decks)
count tags for non-tens are +1
count tags for tens are -2

when 6 deck, total 312 cards.
C : number of cards dealt
N: number of non-ten cards dealt
T: number of ten cards dealt
number of cards in shoe = 312-C
number of decks in shoe = (312-C)/52
RC=-24+N-2T
N+T=C
probability of insurance win=P

after some calc,
TC=52*(-24+C-3T)/(312-C)
then (52+TC)/156=
by computation at Wolfram Alpha,
=(96-T)/(312-C)
this is equal to density of ten cards in shoe =P

Kelly optimal insurance bet = BR*(3P-1)/2=
by computation at Wolfram Alpha,
=BR*TC/104

Any 0 point card side counted in an ace neutral balanced count that only has ten value cards as the negative count cards will give you a more accurate insurance decision if the RC is greater than the number of unseen side counted cards times the point value of the ten value cards.

Notice HILO is not ace neutral. Also aces arent 0 point cards.