midweek reno

ccl

anyone know if midweek is much different than weekends? if there is anything different i would like to know.. i was there last weekend and going back this weds for a return flight out.

chris

bj bob

ccl said:
anyone know if midweek is much different than weekends? if there is anything different i would like to know.. i was there last weekend and going back this weds for a return flight out.

chris
Besides the obvious Fitz's opens up their $3 tables (or used to). The Siena holds their daily promos and the El Dorado drops their room rates pretty good, assuming you're a club member.
All the above is predicated upon no special events are going on such as the rodeo, air show or Street Vibrations. Check the Reno City activities calendar to make sure.

Midweek is great because you can find many open low limit tables. The Gran Sierra (old Hilton) always has empty games at midnight till morning.

ccl

el dorado was packed so was silver legacy because apparently people start showing up for burning man like weds, i didnt do too great during my play there

chris

bj bob

ccl said:
el dorado was packed so was silver legacy because apparently people start showing up for burning man like weds, i didnt do too great during my play there

chris
That's why I told you to check the calendar before you go. If there's something going on up there, it's bananas. One good way to get a sense of the upcoming crowds is just check the room rates at the "big 3". If the mid-week rates skyrocket, then you know something's up and plan accordingly.