4 deck trop---heaven or AP trap

Ethan

To milk or not to milk

rukus said:
there is no hard and fast $100 max rule. if you are getting hit with that rule and a shuffle-up you are not being subtle enough and need to work on being an AP not a counter (proper and relevant camo, proper playing time, proper demeanor, etc). that said, ive seen half shoes instituted there when big bettors come to the table in general (hoe STUPID), but no shuffle up on max bets. maybe that's just me.
rukus said:
played on 2 of the three shifts there this past weekend. no heat at all from the pit on either shift, but after a good shoe where i had some high bets out, the dealer cut the next shoe in half (without any verbal direction from the pit). it was time for me to leave anyway...
To milk or not to milk, that's the question.
So you got halfshoed also just like any APs when ignoring the $100 max rule. I think it's really challenging to balance out your own profit goal with that of preserving the good game. Take Mr. "Herb" as an example. He wants to maximize his winnings in the 4 deckers by wonging in all 4 tables. By doing so, he gets halfshoed and ruins the good game for the milking APs. Take Mr. "Frank" as another example. He knows how to preserve the good game in contrast to Mr. "Herb". He hits hard just from one table with profit, then he leaves quietly without ruining the game for the other milking APs. Thanks be to Mr. "Frank".

rukus said:
there is no hard and fast $100 max rule. if you are getting hit with that rule and a shuffle-up you are not being subtle enough and need to work on being an AP not a counter (proper and relevant camo, proper playing time, proper demeanor, etc). that said, ive seen half shoes instituted there when big bettors come to the table in general (hoe STUPID), but no shuffle up on max bets. maybe that's just me.
I agree, and if the most I could bet was $100 per round it wouldn't be worth it to play there. AC is one big grind joint, you have to hit them with big leverage or you're better off working as a men's room attendant or something.

That said, I've never had a heat problem for counting in AC even back when I played mostly BJ there. Now that I'm playing everything but, heat becomes even less of an issue but I still use the camo and, shall we say, "table comportment" because it doesn't cost much and helps me to take control of the table in other ways. I don't want the store to even start thinking in the direction of me being an AP no matter what I'm playing.

rukus

Ethan said:
To milk or not to milk, that's the question.
So you got halfshoed also just like any APs when ignoring the $100 max rule. I think it's really challenging to balance out your own profit goal with that of preserving the good game. Take Mr. "Herb" as an example. He wants to maximize his winnings in the 4 deckers by wonging in all 4 tables. By doing so, he gets halfshoed and ruins the good game for the milking APs. Take Mr. "Frank" as another example. He knows how to preserve the good game in contrast to Mr. "Herb". He hits hard just from one table with profit, then he leaves quietly without ruining the game for the other milking APs. Thanks be to Mr. "Frank".
there's a difference between preferentially shuffled up on in the middle of a shoe and having the dealer wait until the end of a shoe. just my opinion. to each his own if you are starting to get true preferential shuffles, enjoy wasting time trying to trick the dealer to shuffle away the bad shoes. as another posted, that is a waste of time in these shoe games.