Can KO's Running Count Be True Count Converted?

Syph

aslan said:
Excellent comments. Have you got a page ref on Beyond Counting?
Let me check ...

Page 1.

Right beneath the first paragraph:

"Simplified 6-Deck KO count."

Best,
Syph

(ps FWIW, James started with Hi-Opt 1, then moved to Hilo, then KO. When I met him, he was using KO. Later, after the LVHCM razzed him for using a "sexually ambiguous count" he switched to Zen. Now, I think he alternates between Hilo and KO, just for sport. I don't think counting ever really played a large role in his game. When I was holecarding, I liked to use Hilo simply to know what surveillance knew.)

aslan

Syph said:
Let me check ...

Page 1.

Right beneath the first paragraph:

"Simplified 6-Deck KO count."

Best,
Syph

(ps FWIW, James started with Hi-Opt 1, then moved to Hilo, then KO. When I met him, he was using KO. Later, after the LVHCM razzed him for using a "sexually ambiguous count" he switched to Zen. Now, I think he alternates between Hilo and KO, just for sport. I don't think counting ever really played a large role in his game. When I was holecarding, I liked to use Hilo simply to know what surveillance knew.)
:laugh: After pages -20 through 0. I remember it now; I didn't like it because I would have to begin using negative numbers. My current count begins with 80, which represents -20 in 6-deck. 96 is my key count and 104 or just 4 is my pivot point. But his approach is very clever.

Also, his definition of recreational player is a civilian, whereas I use it to mean a player who uses AP techniques, but does not bet at an amount nor play a number of hours that could result in making a living; hence, for recreation, not for a living. But of course I yield to his meaning--he's the teacher, I'm the student--and will in the future describe myself as a part time, low-betting AP, not a recreational player. I do play to have fun, but I find most of the amusement is in winning money and secondarily having a good time doing it. I think he would approve.