$5 tables in AC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to get some good practice in as I'm a novice and would $5 tables. I am in philly, AC $5 is really hard to find, i heard borgata has one, but that's one table in a tourist town. Any recomendations?

shadroch

In all honesty,your best bet would be flying to Vegas.A cheap flight is less than $350 and rooms downtown are cheap. Stay and play at the El cortez for $30 a night or less and play their $3 tables.

shadroch said:
In all honesty,your best bet would be flying to Vegas.A cheap flight is less than $350 and rooms downtown are cheap. Stay and play at the El cortez for $30 a night or less and play their $3 tables.
lol at $350. I can drive to AC for $3 in tolls and $5 in gas. I am looking to drive somewhere close.

RG1

Showboat had a $5 table a couple months ago. It was H17 like all of Harrahs but it was easy for me to get on. I was passing time waiting for a poker tournament. It was about 10AM on a weekday. It was full after I sat down but nobody was waiting.

If you can't get on a $5 table then backcount the $10 tables. Count down one deck and if the running count is positive then jump in. If it is negative then count another deck or go to another table if there is one. After you jump in then jump out at -1. This way instead of betting $5 into 100% of the shoe you are betting $10 into 50% of the shoe. You are risking the same money on the table but mostly only when you have an advantage (although slight).

shadroch

brodaiga said:
lol at $350. I can drive to AC for $3 in tolls and $5 in gas. I am looking to drive somewhere close.

Assuming you live in NJ,you have to be aware of the fact that AC is the only legalized card playing for hundreds of miles around you.If you didn't know that,I strongly suggest you read a bit on the subject.

shadroch said:
Assuming you live in NJ,you have to be aware of the fact that AC is the only legalized card playing for hundreds of miles around you.If you didn't know that,I strongly suggest you read a bit on the subject.
thanks for the education. i think foxwoods is closest at around 200 miles besides ac.

bjcount

Trump marina has a single deck $10 min, 6-5bj.
2 seperate decks and ASM used. Dealer cuts about 3/8-1/2 off deck but have dealt out to last card on occassions.

If you find a $5 min, there is probably a wait for a seat.

Ferretnparrot

There is a X1 five dollar table at the borgata, it is always there, i thought they got rd of it but it has been moved to a section very close to some bathrooms and a bar, i dont knwo the name of the bar, but is you see a bar right across form some bathrooms right near some blackjack tables, thats it

Showboat has a 5 dollar table, as mentioned, its h17 just liek all of the games there

trumpy taj has 5 dollar tables when the new shift comes in on weekdays sometimes, so does trump marina. your target time of arival shoudl be 12:45, and they only last but a few hours before they go up.

also iv heard, and only heard from a dealer, and soemthing i heard on the radio, that recently in the last few weeks, trump has/will be opening lower limit blackjack tables to include 5 dollar games on the lower level of trump plaza near or in a poker room

in terms of midshoe entry, the general rule is tables under 25 dollars allow it always, but tables that were formerly below 25 and are now increased to 25 still allow it(such as on weekends) but they will be mixed with tables that are standard 25 and up that disallow it. I once saw a 50 dollar table at trop that allowed midshoe on a busy weekend, but only once, generally 50 and up will never allow it.

Last edited:

rollem411

Ferretnparrot said:
trumpy taj has 5 dollar tables when the new shift comes in on weekdays sometimes, so does trump marina. your target time of arival shoudl be 12:45, and they only last but a few hours before they go up.
Anyone have an update on this? Also, H17 or S17? and pen.? Thanks

FLASH1296

Advice re: $5 tables.

With all due respect, if you are intending to become an Advantage Player you will need to understand that playing via Card Counting requires an enormous BankRoll. I always suggest 1,000 times the minimum wager. As $10 tables are generally the minimum table stakes, pretty much across the country, You'll need $10,000 to get started; although going forward with half of that you'll get no criticism from me. Less, and your Risk-of-Ruin will be above 40%, meaning that 2 times in 5 you'll be broke. Do not Dance with The Devil young man. Play with an advantage, play smart, and that means learning your trade and being well-capitalized.

I understand your desire to taste what the real life BJ experience is like BUT even at $5 tables,
you cannot sit down to play without, at minimum, $500 in your pocket, AND the full acceptance that you may lose it all.

That means that the money must be truly discretionary funds.

P.S. The Borgata always keeps at least one $5 minimum table open.
If you are there in the wee small hours of the morning mid-wek you'll get a seat pretty easily.
If the table is full, say to the dealer when he is not otherwise occupied:
"Please lock-up the next available seat for me." Then stand back and sip your coffee and closely observe the pilgrim's progress that is on display.

Last edited: