$5 SD or $10 8 deck shoe.?

shadroch

I know that playing 6-5 SD games gives the house a several fold advantage over a 3-2 game.Thats a given,but can someone do,and explain the math oh this,please.
Playing 5 hours on a crowded table should be about 300 hands.
On a $5 single deck game,that is $1500 wagered
On a $10 shoe game,it's 3,000 wagered.
Does the higher house edge on a lower amount of money result in a higher theoretical loss than the lower house edge on the higher sum of money?

shadroch said:
I know that playing 6-5 SD games gives the house a several fold advantage over a 3-2 game.Thats a given,but can someone do,and explain the math oh this,please.
Playing 5 hours on a crowded table should be about 300 hands.
On a $5 single deck game,that is $1500 wagered
On a $10 shoe game,it's 3,000 wagered.
Does the higher house edge on a lower amount of money result in a higher theoretical loss than the lower house edge on the higher sum of money?
BS player:
6/5 = .016 * 1500 = -24
6D = .005 * 3000 = -15

Whats the question? zg

shadroch

So,in the described circumstances,the SD player would lose $24,and the shoe player would lose $15? Okay,thanks. That was the answer and the formula I was looking for.
One last question.Whats the ROR on this games,with a 300 BR? Please show me that formula as well. Once I know I'm using the correct formulas,I can do the math myself. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Sonny

:(
shadroch said:
One last question.Whats the ROR on this games,with a 300 BR?
Since both EVs are negative the RORs will be 100% for both games. If the house has the edge then the player will eventually loose all of their money if they play long enough. The ROR formula only applies to a positive EV.

-Sonny-

shadroch

Thanks. Is there a way of figuring the odds of going broke over a certain number of hands,or hours.The chance of losing your $300 buy-in in 5 hours,as an example?

Cass

shadroch said:
Thanks. Is there a way of figuring the odds of going broke over a certain number of hands,or hours.The chance of losing your $300 buy-in in 5 hours,as an example?
Yes, I dont know any of the math formulas, but I can run some numbers on bjrm for you. As for your example: in a -.5% game playing BS flat betting $10/hand you have a 25% chance of going broke over a 5 hour playing session with a $300 BR.