Hitting a 4th card...

SleightOfHand

am19psu said:
I'm still learning, so pardon me if this is a noob question, but doesn't the TC take into account composition dependent strategy for shoe games? IOW, you don't need composition dependent strategy because the TC tells you the approximate composition of the remaining shoe.
It considers the average composition of your hand total aka total dependant. However, a 4 or 5 card 16, is above average. Like I said though, I am unsure as to what the precise index should be for multicard 16s, so just use the index of 0, although a TCs of exactly 0, I would stand rather than hit (although that is what I would rather do anyway).

UK-21

smithj said:
Hello, for a 6D game with S17, Surrender, DAS... you have a 12 against an 8 and the TC >= +4; you hit and get a 4, so now you have a 16... would you hit a 4th card with 2.5 decks left? (PEN 1.5) or would you consider standing?

J.
One of those bollox hands. With TC+4 the likelihood is that the dealer will pull a ten to make eighteen or an ace to make nineteen. So hit and be damned . . .