UFC Heavyweights Finale

Deathclutch

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd try making some picks and see how it goes. Anyone is more than welcome to drop their own picks.

Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schuab

I'm picking Roy in this fight here. Way too much experience for Brendan to overcome. I see Roy gaining top position and finishing him out fairly easily.

Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones

Jon Jones is on the rise and is going to show that being a great athlete can overcome others strengths, no matter how much better they are (Hamill's wrestling.) Watch for a TKO from Jones.

Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander

Both are only good at one thing: throwing hands. Even though Alexander is coming up a weight class, he throws much heavier hands then Kimbo. While this one is more of a toss up than the other fights I see Alexander finishing Slice in the 1st.

Darrill Schoonover vs. James McSweeney

I just can't stand McSweeney.

Deathclutch

Dang, 1 for 4 (although we all know it was 2 for 4, that Bones DQ was ridiculous!)

Maybe I should have posted more picks, seems like my "locks" lost and my hesitant picks won.

Deathclutch

Might as well put some quick picks on the fights tonight. They've just started so I won't go into detail on them.

Buentello
Florian
Mir
Penn

Dc

Deathclutch said:
3 out of 4, not bad. Looks like I'm 4-4 at the moment (technically)
When is your next UFC fight?

Mir is now tash talking to Lesnar about how he, Mir, will hurt Lesnar if they fight again.

Brave of Mir to say those things to a very ill Lesnar, who may never fight again, and if he does may never be the same.

CP

shadroch

Mir has already beat Lesner once, and I wouldn't be surprised if he beats him in the rematch. After the scene Lesner put on after his last fight, why anyone would stick up for him is a mystery. Taunting a defeated opponent is about as low class a move as you can pull in the UFC.
After watching a tape of the Penn fight, I can't believe the beating Sanchez took, and kept going. That kid has a ton of talent, and all the heart in the world, but was so outclassed, it was scary. If there is anyone out there that could stop Penn at 155, I certainly have not seen him.

Shad

shadroch said:
Mir has already beat Lesner once, and I wouldn't be surprised if he beats him in the rematch. After the scene Lesner put on after his last fight, why anyone would stick up for him is a mystery. Taunting a defeated opponent is about as low class a move as you can pull in the UFC.
After watching a tape of the Penn fight, I can't believe the beating Sanchez took, and kept going. That kid has a ton of talent, and all the heart in the world, but was so outclassed, it was scary. If there is anyone out there that could stop Penn at 155, I certainly have not seen him.
When you are very pumped and have already been trash talked I can see Lesnar getting into it, others sure have.

I think if Death Clutch moves up a weight class he might have a shot at "Black Jack" Penn.:cool:

CP

Deathclutch

creeping panther said:
When is your next UFC fight?

Mir is now tash talking to Lesnar about how he, Mir, will hurt Lesnar if they fight again.

Brave of Mir to say those things to a very ill Lesnar, who may never fight again, and if he does may never be the same.

CP
Supposed to be January, but I'm putting my next one off until March. Just started getting back into training today, no way I'd be ready by early January, especially with all the feasts coming up! :whip:

Deathclutch

shadroch said:
You mean taunting a guy who claimed he wanted to end your career? And that if he gets a hold of an arm or leg he doesn't plan on letting do?

My dream fight for Penn at 155 is Aoki, although I doubt it ever happens.

Deathclutch

creeping panther said:
When you are very pumped and have already been trash talked I can see Lesnar getting into it, others sure have.

I think if Death Clutch moves up a weight class he might have a shot at "Black Jack" Penn.:cool:

CP
I don't have a problem with trash talk, at least he gets in there and backs it up. And Lesnar has definitely been doing that. This new Mir that destroyed Kongo last night is a very scary match up for Lesnar though.

Deathclutch

Picking a few fights for tonight's WEC.

Mike BrownVs. Anthony Morrison

It's hard to go against a guy who has dominated Urijah Faber twice considering Faber is one of the best featherweights in the world. Should be an easy win for him.

Urijah Faber Vs. Raphael Assuncao

Like I said, one of the best featherweights/fighters in the world.

Jamie Varner Vs. Ben Henderson

I don't really like Jamie Varner, but I haven't seen enough of Henderson to give him the upset just yet. If I lose a fight tonight this will most likely be the one.

Deathclutch

2 out of 3 tonight. Varner's loss was surprising after watching the beginning of the fight. Oh well, 6-5 finally broke .500.

On a side note Varner is a prick, take your loss like a man!

Deathclutch

Whoo thanks for reminding me Ace. Alright I have a few picks for tonight -

Gerald Harris vs John Salter

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Kyle Bradley

Thiago Tavares vs Nik Lentz

"Paps" Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn

Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham

And as for my two "iffier" picks

Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard

I think Nate is a better fighter but he has shown trouble versus wrestlers in the past, just look at the Guida and Joe Stevenson fights.

Chris Leben vs Jay Silva

It's becoming tougher and tougher to pick Leban these days.

Deathclutch

Deathclutch said:
Whoo thanks for reminding me Ace. Alright I have a few picks for tonight -

Gerald Harris vs John Salter

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Kyle Bradley

Thiago Tavares vs Nik Lentz

"Paps" Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn

Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham

And as for my two "iffier" picks

Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard

I think Nate is a better fighter but he has shown trouble versus wrestlers in the past, just look at the Guida and Joe Stevenson fights.

Chris Leben vs Jay Silva

It's becoming tougher and tougher to pick Leban these days.
Alright, looks like I went 5-1 on the night, draws are usually refunded when you bet on them so the Tavares fight is out. I'll still keep it on the side of my record to know a draw happened. Looks like I'm up to 11-6-1.

Elhombre

Krak3d said:
Lesnar's possible return is in spring, can't wait. Bring Fedor in and give us the fight we all want.
Fedor will take all this wannabees for breakfast, bigmouthe's, when they fail
thinking of suicide like Hulk Hogan.

Eh.

Deathclutch

Elhombre said:

Fedor will take all this wannabees for breakfast, bigmouthe's, when they fail
thinking of suicide like Hulk Hogan.

Eh.
Only one way to know for sure and that isn't fighting "top ten" guys like Brett Rogers.

Deathclutch

I'm gonna go ahead and get next month's cards picks out of the way here since I have quite a few.

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman

Randy should be able to take this very easily via cardio and not being extremely one dimensional. Coleman gets vastly overrated all the time (as does Couture) and I'm not sure why. Randy out wrestles Coleman to a decision.

Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen

This was a tough fight to pick because I like both of these guys and hate to see one of them lose but it's obvious Marquardt is the better all around fighter at this point. His striking is far better than Sonnen's and I don't know if Sonnen will be able to take him to the ground. I'm expecting a TKO from Marquardt.

Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago

Paulo Thiago is on the rise and Mike Swick should have stayed up a weight class. People confuse Swick with a top contender although I don't believe he'll really ever be at this weight class. Look for a submission from Thiago.

Damian Maia vs. Dan Miller

Easy call, one of my favorite fighters :laugh:

Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

Not a huge fan of either guy but giving this one to Serra.

Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz

Another fighter I really enjoy (and wish would drop to 145) is Mac Danzig. I think he is too well rounded for Buchholz.

Phillipe Nover
vs. Rob Emerson

Mostapha Al Turk vs. Rolles Gracie

Very excited to see a Gracie back in the Octagon! Turk seems to be a guy the UFC uses to launch who they want to be stars so it seems Gracie is that guy now.

And the two iffier picks -

Brian Stann vs. Phil Davis

Don't really like Brian Stann, but I don't know much about Phil Davis. This will probably be my loss on this card.

Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres

I even had a sentence typed for Torres but it's just hard to go with a guy that you haven't seen a ton of. Torres has a submission game but if Guillard can avoid it he should take this on a TKO.