Post stories of bad plays by others helping you out here!

I know many of us don't like it when ploppies make a move that causes you to lose a hand that you would've won otherwise, but in the long run bad plays are as likely to help you as to hurt you. Since we don't hear many of the positive stories, I started this thread where you can post stories of a bad play by another player saving you (or the whole table).

Midwestern

ploppy was on 3rd base had 16.

dealer had 6 showing

ploppy hit! :eek: and got the 5

Dealer had a 8 underneath. Dealer hit and got the 8. :)

Sharky

what a coincidence...

...just last night had $300 x 2 @ +5 and get a 18 and 13 vs 3...i, obviously, stand on both, plop at 3rd also with a 13 hits a 6 for 19...dealer turns over an A and would've had 20 and beat the table...instead...BUSTS!!! thx plop that's a $1200 swing

The dealer has a 7 up and everyone has a pat hands of 18 or 19 but the fourth pip. She has a pair of fours. She splits them and gets a 9, she stands and the table groans. She pulls a ten and stands. Then the dealer flips a 4 and pulls a 3 followed by a queen to bust. She saved the whole table and won double rather than lost. Ploppy idiots can get so lucky sometimes.

Sucker

neversplit5s said:
in the long run bad plays are as likely to help you as to hurt you.
If ANYTHING; bad plays by the ploppies HELP us, but in an abstract way. Imagine how it would be if ALL ploppies always played perfect basic strategy - the AP's cover would be blown the VERY FIRST time he had to make an index play! :laugh:

Gamblor

Ploppy's "bad play" saves the table so many times, I can't even think of one thats distinct from the others.

I could care less about their bad play, but the bad plays that do effect us are the knuckleheads who chew up cards, like those who split 10's. I'll avoid them if possible.

Zach Black

I saw a guy hit a 17 v A then a 17 v 7 when the TC was +5 in two sucessive hands and get the 4 to make 21 both hands. Dealer busted in both cases.

Zach Black said:
I saw a guy hit a 17 v A then a 17 v 7 when the TC was +5 in two sucessive hands and get the 4 to make 21 both hands. Dealer busted in both cases.
My psychic said he went gambling.:laugh:

swamper

I could care less about a ploppies bad play, the only thing that gets to me is when they take FOREVER to make the decision. :laugh:

stopgambling said:
why do splitting tens in a pitch game hurt the table?
The force of the karate chop necessary to split a card could break the table.:laugh: I don't play for the rest of the table. If they want to pay me some of the money they win if I don't split and hurt the table then I won't split. After all if it is a team sport shouldn't they give back some of their +EV if it costs me -EV. Makes sense to me if thats how they think.