A couple of Questions about True Count

I found some practice software and was using it with Automatic Monkey's Ben Franklin count. However, my True Count was off. I understand that the running counts for different systems are going to be off but shouldn't the true count be the same based on any system?

So here are my questions.
1) Should true count be the same for all systems if calculated correctly at any given point?
2) Is greater than half deck accuracy necessary for the BF count?

Regards,
+EV

Sonny

+EV said:
1) Should true count be the same for all systems if calculated correctly at any given point?
No. A level 2 system like BF will more accurately reflect your true advantage than a level 1 system like HiLo. The two true counts will not always match because the BF system will realize more subtle changes that a more general system will miss.

+EV said:
2) Is greater than half deck accuracy necessary for the BF count?
I wouldn’t think so. Even full-deck accuracy will work fine but half-deck will be better. If you can do quarter-deck accuracy then more power to you!

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
No. A level 2 system like BF will more accurately reflect your true advantage than a level 1 system like HiLo. The two true counts will not always match because the BF system will realize more subtle changes that a more general system will miss.

I wouldn’t think so. Even full-deck accuracy will work fine but half-deck will be better. If you can do quarter-deck accuracy then more power to you!

-Sonny-
I am not sure that I can do 1/4 count accurately. Moreover, it does not seem practical to do the 1/4 deck division to get the true count in my head, and even if I could it doesn't seem necessary until so few decks are left that the division/estimation becomes easier. (around 2 decks where it is basically just half give or take a little)

+EV