Recommended games in LV

newyorkbear

Thought I posted this this morning but can't find it.
Forgive me if its a double post.

I'll be in Vegas for 80 hours starting 12-12.
Will be playing at the Imperial Palace,Vegas Club and El Cortez. Based on recommendations,I'll also try the Plaza and perhaps the 4 Queens. Anyplace else anyone cares to recommend? I'll be mostly playing $5-15. Thanks

Mikeaber

newyorkbear said:
Thought I posted this this morning but can't find it.
Forgive me if its a double post.

I'll be in Vegas for 80 hours starting 12-12.
Will be playing at the Imperial Palace,Vegas Club and El Cortez. Based on recommendations,I'll also try the Plaza and perhaps the 4 Queens. Anyplace else anyone cares to recommend? I'll be mostly playing $5-15. Thanks
For double-deck, forget the rest....just go to Plaza. El Cortez is a very lo-roller joint. I've played Single Deck there but I've heard that they sweat larger bets and are quick to back you off the tables. Also, It is a located in a rather questionable area of Fremont...you might want to think about restricting your play there to daylight hours <smile>

Top 8 Blackjack Games in Las Vegas

Top 8 Blackjack Games in Las Vegas
(for counters, based on rules + penetration)

-------------
Plaza / Double Deck*
Wynn / Double Deck**
Vegas / Club Double Deck
Suncoast / Double Deck****
Western / Single Deck
Slots 'o Fun / Double Deck***
Gold Spike / Double Deck
El Cortez / Single Deck
-------------

* One Plaza table has a 'Royal20s' side-bet which becomes positive EV at +10 TC/hiLo
** Wynn double deck min.bet is $25+
*** SlotsFun double deck feature Lucky Ladies side-bet which becomes positive EV at +10 TC/hiLo
****Careful, easy to get barred at Suncoast

BEST TIMES for the Top 8

Plaza / Double Deck* ANYTIME
Wynn / Double Deck** GRAVE
Vegas / Club Double Deck DAYS
Suncoast / Double Deck**** DAYS
Western / Single Deck LATE SWING
Slots 'o Fun / Double Deck*** DAYS/SWING
Gold Spike / Double Deck ANYTIME
El Cortez / Single Deck DAYS/GRAVE

zg

newyorkbear

Thanks all.

I've never been sweated at El Cortez. You just need to keep your bets fairly low and not play for hours at a time.

Its funny how folks warn about El Cortez but never say anything about The Western,which is far worse.

I luv Slots of Fun. They got the single funniest BJ dealer I've ever met working swing shift there. Forget his name but he looks just like Chuck Berry,circa 1975.
He's usually up front,behind the craps table.

Thanks for everyones help.

newyorkbear said:
I luv Slots of Fun. They got the single funniest BJ dealer I've ever met working swing shift there. Forget his name but he looks just like Chuck Berry,circa 1975.
That's Charles and he'll deal you a hell of deep deck, and he can count better than most dealers.
Bang the LLadies at +10 up. At +11 the LLs bet is +7% ev and at +12 its +14% ev. zg