Atlantic City - weekday -minumums

:confused: I know that weekend nights it's usually $25 and I know Borgata is supposed to have one $5 table. I'm going to be there mid-day, mid-week next month and wonder what I'll find

shadroch

kirbyk said:
:confused: I know that weekend nights it's usually $25 and I know Borgata is supposed to have one $5 table. I'm going to be there mid-day, mid-week next month and wonder what I'll find
plenty of $10 tables-Taj,Trop,Sands,Wild West.I don't frequent the others. The $5 table at Borgata is hard to find and almost impossible to get a seat in.

Thanks. It's a day-trip so I might spend a little time looking/waiting for that Borgata table but otherwise $10 is not too bad.

Are there ever open tournaments in AC in, say, the $100 or less buy-in range?

$5 table at the Borg

There was actually a second $5 table open at the Borg last time I was there-- it was in the Asian area and opened up at around 2PM. There were even open seats there when I saw it, but I imagine they filled up fast. There are usually several $10 tables in each of the 3 pits at the Borg on weekday afternoons/ early evenings, all 6-deckers. You may also want to check for $5 tables at the Sands-- I've seen them there in the past. There are usually $10 tables available on weekdays everywhere in town except for Caesar's, Showboat and Trump Plaza and Marina, though you may have more trouble finding them during the summer. The games at the Hilton are worth the walk-- better pen than most stores, and sometimes a few 6-deck $10 tables open during early afternoons. Good luck!

shadroch

The $5 tables at the Sands were last opened on Columbus Day.Once in a great while,they have $5 in the poker room at Ballys,but usually on weekend afternoons.

$5 Tables at Sands

I think you're talking about the tables in the poker room at the Sands, which I have heard are gone for good (and never seemed to be open when I was there anyway). I'm talking about honest-to-goodness $5 tables that I saw on the main floor on several trips in the spring. I don't know if they still have them (they didn't seem to be getting any more play than the $10 tables when I was there), but it's worth a trip to check them out, especially since there is fairly easy wonging at the $10 tables there (the Sands doesn't do much business).

shadroch

Yes,I was referring to the lo-limit tables in the poker room.What I did see this spring was a double exposure table with a $5 minimum. They very well might have some $5 tables at off hours,I just haven't seen them.