Interesting Theoretical question

This is more of a theoretical question than anything since it could never actually be done.

What kind of advantage could you get if you ALWAYS knew the count of the next 52 cards.

For example off the top of the shoe you knew that the count of the next 52 cards was -6. You would have your max bet out due to this TC of +6. If we are talking about parameters lets say a standard 6D S17 DAS game with a 1-20 spread.

1357111317 said:
This is more of a theoretical question than anything since it could never actually be done.

What kind of advantage could you get if you ALWAYS knew the count of the next 52 cards.

For example off the top of the shoe you knew that the count of the next 52 cards was -6. You would have your max bet out due to this TC of +6. If we are talking about parameters lets say a standard 6D S17 DAS game with a 1-20 spread.
If i knew only the count after the next 52 cards then yes i would bet larger. This would be due to the fact that I knew those 10's and aces were coming my way. With a high tc comming my way im betting min

1357111317 said:

The odds of having a running count of +30 off the top 52 cards of a 6D shoe are basically 0. If you somehow knew it was going to happen you'd have to find an excuse to leave the table during that time.

Last edited:

itrack

im pretty sure he means if you knew (without seeing any previous cards) that the count of the first deck was -6. Then after you play a hand (15 cards or so), you would know the count of the next full deck, being the 37 cards from the first deck that you already knew, plus the next 15 after that.

I think you would be better off if you could keep a running count for only the first deck, then move onto the second deck, becuase then you would essentially know the very last few cards of each deck. This opposed to knowing always 1 full deck at a time, which im thinking might not give you as accurate of a count at all times.

callipygian

You're going to have a huge advantage if you can play literally as the question states.

If you know the count of the next 52 cards, and then a card gets played, and then you know the count of the 52 cards after that, you can deduce the near-exact value of the 52nd card to be played from that point forward. You should know the exact order of cards except for the first deck of every shoe (interestingly, making 8D much more valuable than SD).

Okay, so let's say the OP didn't mean the question as asked literally - he's asking what if you know the count of the first deck in a shoe, as in shuffle tracking. Keeping in mind that the first deck is usually riffled once, the advantage of shuffle tracking should be around 2%; if you find someplace where every card is not riffled, I suspect it might be as high as 5-6%.