Goldie's Seattle

apex

Was visiting some family in Seattle over the holidays. Seattle seems to have many options for blackjack. I wish I could have gone to more places, but Goldie's was the only place I had time to check out.

Goldie's is a small room with around 18 table games and a bar. First things first, its NO SMOKING, which I think is great! The tables are mostly baccarat and other games that didn't interest me, however they did have the following:

(1) 2 deck game with fair rules(H17, 3/2BJ, DAS, Double any) and bad pen (50%).

(1) 6 deck game with similar rules and good pen ( 1 deck cut off)

(2) 5 deck Spanish 21 H17 with re-double, 1-1.25 decks cut off. This game really threw me off and had me seriously doubting my deck estimation skills. For the 1st 20 minutes I couldn't decide if it was 4 or 6 decks. I finally threw in the towel and asked, its 5 deck.

(1) 3 card poker table which was ok at times.

Table limits started at $5 or $10, and every table had a $300 max bet. No heat spreading $5-$200 or 2 X $125. Floor was only notified when table max bets were placed (I didn't place any, but observed others.) The staff had lots of crack-heads to deal with. A polite low to mid stakes counter grinding out a slight edge will go unnoticed.

WABJ11

Be careful! I have been backed off here, and know other counters who have as well. Its good for a few quick hits, but don't squat here.

Goldies and kids and phones

Goldies DD is the only close double deck game to Seattle (15 min. depending on location) Rules aren't that bad considering the 10.00 min. but they now have an 18 year old age limit and allow cell phones at the tables. Enough said...