Win Rate

Brock Windsor

How would one go about calculating the % chance of winning a hand with perfect HC information? I am interested solely in a strategy that maximizes my chance of winning the hand, not the strategy that maximizes my expectation on the BJ hand. My theory is that with perfect HC knowledge one could get a win rate high enough to beat side bets that are based on hands won. Anyone done any research on this?
Thanks,
BW

moo321

Brock Windsor said:
How would one go about calculating the % chance of winning a hand with perfect HC information? I am interested solely in a strategy that maximizes my chance of winning the hand, not the strategy that maximizes my expectation on the BJ hand. My theory is that with perfect HC knowledge one could get a win rate high enough to beat side bets that are based on hands won. Anyone done any research on this?
Thanks,
BW
Um... oh boy. It might help if we had some idea what the side bet is, but you also probably shouldn't post that.

My guess would be to never soft double 13-16, and only double 10-11 against stiffs.

You could probably soft double 17 against stiffs, because you wouldn't re-hit the hand regardless of the card drawn.

Stand on soft 18 against stiffs.

Splitting nines (except defensively against a 19) would probably be out as well. Don't know about against an 18.

You probably wouldn't split 8's against hard 8-11 (i.e. 5 up and you see 4 in the hole).

Brock Windsor

I think I would still split the 8's. The bet Im thinking of takes the net result of your hand. So if you win one and lose one, your bet pushes and does not lose. The sidebet is called streak, not sure where all it is available to be played but Ive seen it before.
BW