Side Counting with Zen

SleightOfHand

So, while I don't plan to start to practice side counting, as I still need to get regular counting down, I was wondering if side counting aces is as valueble in zen as in other strategies, as zen semi-considers aces unlike other counts. Also, how do things like side counting 6's and other cards work?

SleightOfHand said:
So, while I don't plan to start to practice side counting, as I still need to get regular counting down, I was wondering if side counting aces is as valueble in zen as in other strategies, as zen semi-considers aces unlike other counts. Also, how do things like side counting 6's and other cards work?
Aces add very little to any Ace inclusive count. 6s would not be the card (nor 5s) to start with either. For handheld games, the single most powerful side-count to add is 7s because they are multivariate - sometimes behaving like big cards and sometime behaving like small ones. But to add 7s requires the additional complexity of a multiparameter overlay. With a multiparameter scheme, however, Zen w/ 7s sidecount trumps HO2 w/ Aces sidecount. zg

SleightOfHand

zengrifter said:
Aces add very little to any Ace inclusive count. 6s would not be the card (nor 5s) to start with either. For handheld games, the single most powerful side-count to add is 7s because they are multivariate - sometimes behaving like big cards and sometime behaving like small ones. But to add 7s requires the additional complexity of a multiparameter overlay. With a multiparameter scheme, however, Zen w/ 7s sidecount trumps HO2 w/ Aces sidecount. zg
Where does one go about learning about multiparameter overlays?

SleightOfHand

jack said:
Make sure you set secondary 1 and 2 to Zero, then input 1 for 7 on secondary 1http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/tcindex/tcindex.htm (Archive copy)

Side counting 7's are primarily used for stiff hands only.

If you like to experiment, try this:http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/efficien/eff.htm (Archive copy)>/BC/PEIC Count Analyzer Version 3.5
Hmm is there a way to have the index values calculated for anything other than SD for the index generator?

Also, in regards to the BCPEIC spreadsheet, zg said that 7's are more valueble to SC than A's, but the spreadsheet says otherwise. I guess its not considering multiparameter indexes?

jack.jackson

SleightOfHand said:
Hmm is there a way to have the index values calculated for anything other than SD for the index generator?

Also, in regards to the BCPEIC spreadsheet, zg said that 7's are more valueble to SC than A's, but the spreadsheet says otherwise. I guess its not considering multiparameter indexes?

No! CVData, does though.

I dont have excel installed on my PC right now, but did you clear all the cells, then input them individually?

Ace params are mainly used for doubles and splits, while 7 are used for stiffs, but since the ace is under valued with Zen, you would also gain some efficiency for betting as well. Try Inputting A-1 and 7+1 into the secondary count.

I wouldnt recomend SC cards that are already reckoned. Personally I wouldnt mess with it, unless your just curious.

iCountNTrack

zengrifter said:
This is not quite entirely true, Ace neutral counts are normally aimed at improving playing efficiency for pitch games, while Ace-reckoned counts are aimed at betting correlation for shoe games.
When you side count the Aces in HO2 you are trying to improve your betting strategy not playing.

iCountNTrack said:
This is not quite entirely true, Ace neutral counts are normally aimed at improving playing efficiency for pitch games, while Ace-reckoned counts are aimed at betting correlation for shoe games.
When you side count the Aces in HO2 you are trying to improve your betting strategy not playing.
I was comparing the two schemes on a whole. zg