UBZII variation

I'm a B.S. player, beginning to count, usually with Red 7, which inspires my question: Is it possible to do a sort of half-baked UBZII count by counting only half the 2, 7, and A (the '1' cards) but all the 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10 (the '2' cards). Obviously, the IRC and indexes are all divided by two, but would this strategy introduce significant errors?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not recommend it without regenerating new indices and ramp. It would be a different system than the parent and should be treated as such. I am not sure why you would want to do this. If you know what you are doing I could make a guess or two but my bet is this is not the case. Why are you thinking this would be a good idea? What game is it to target?

I was thinking mostly about DD, H17, simply because that's what I usually play in Las Vegas. What I was really thinking of was to use it as an easier-to-count alternative to a try two-level system for those of us whose brains still find it easier to count by ones instead of by ones and twos.

If I understand you correctly you want to make a level 2 count into a level one by only counting one color (half) of the 2, 7 and ace. Bad idea. You are giving the counted half the same weight as the stronger cards and the uncounted half no weight. the ace is important to have counted properly. The others this would only work if the counted and uncounted were equally played. You know that is not the norm. I would say just practice more counting by a mixture of ones and twos. It is easy once you get the hang of it.

OK, thanks - I'll basically just focus on a level one I like (Red 7) and keep Zen and UBZII in mind for if I get good enough to want to move on.