anyone one here play in reno?

Quinc

i just moved to reno and was wondering where the best games where at? i've been playing alot at the cal neva and seem to be doing really well there. is there anywhere that offers doubling on any 2 cards or double after splits and stand on soft 17 or offer surrender? or any of those on a single deck?

a few years back i played at circus circus and they had a table where the dealer would deal both of his cards face up, only rule i remember was the dealer won on a push. anyone know if anywhere in reno still does that and what the odds are?

-Quinc:D

I guess not.

Anyway, from memory some of the best remaining BJ 1D is in Reno/Sparks including Alamo truck-stop where the offer surrender. Best bet is to grab a current issue of CBJN. zg

Quinc

zengrifter said:
I guess not.

Anyway, from memory some of the best remaining BJ 1D is in Reno/Sparks including Alamo truck-stop where the offer surrender. Best bet is to grab a current issue of CBJN. zg

Thanks zg, but what does cbjn stand for? and where do i get it?

yeah i dont know why nobody plays here they have tons of single deck games here with decent penetration.. alot of the games here are
.40% which isn't to bad. there is even a 1$ table at the bonanza that is .40%

Mikeaber

Quinc said:
Thanks zg, but what does cbjn stand for? and where do i get it?

yeah i dont know why nobody plays here they have tons of single deck games here with decent penetration.. alot of the games here are
.40% which isn't to bad. there is even a 1$ table at the bonanza that is .40%
.40% PLAYER advantage? We've thought about going to Reno one of these days, but travel isn't nearly as easily arranged for Reno compared to Vegas. Much more expensive from Wichita.

Quinc

Mikeaber said:
.40% PLAYER advantage? We've thought about going to Reno one of these days, but travel isn't nearly as easily arranged for Reno compared to Vegas. Much more expensive from Wichita.
house advantage :(

zengrifter said:
I guess not.

The good one-deckers can still be found, but they are drying up quickly. The heat also came down fast! I was out there last March for World Poker Tour event, dressing the poker player part, which I thought would give me some breathing room---au contraire! Also, at least one joint (El Dorado, I believe) that I can recall uses Mindplay, so beware--I was down $200 after three decks when I got the shoulder tap . . .

Quinc

m994770 said:
The good one-deckers can still be found, but they are drying up quickly. The heat also came down fast! I was out there last March for World Poker Tour event, dressing the poker player part, which I thought would give me some breathing room---au contraire! Also, at least one joint (El Dorado, I believe) that I can recall uses Mindplay, so beware--I was down $200 after three decks when I got the shoulder tap . . .

the eldorado is probly in the top 2 worse places to play... all there tables are 6:5 anyway.. atlantis is the other worse place. i would say if you want to play downtown then cal neva and fitzgerald is the way to go.

nc-tom

Reply To Quinc

Quinc I get up to Reno afew times a year. The best BJ games and the ones I play are at the Sands, Peppermill, and the Silver Club. The Sands and Peppermill are single or double deck decent pen on dbl deck, DOA H17 no DAS, INS. Have found no heat for red play, no sure green or black. Also Boomtown has similar single deck game.Last played Nov 05.