Arrrrrrrgh! Lost $600 in one hand!

tensplitter

The count is really high and I'm max betting 2 hands at $100 a hand. I get a pair of tens against a dealer 6. I split the tens, and get another ten on one of them. I resplit the tens, and get yet another ten. I keep the first 20. Get an 8 with the second ten and keep it. Get a deuce on the third ten, hit it and draw a ten to bust. Second hand I have a pair of 8's so I split them. Get a ten for 18 on one of the 8's and get a 3 on the other 8. I double down the 11 and get an ACE!!!!!

The dealer has a 5 in the hole and draws a ten for 21, wiping me out.

Seems like the only time I get an ace is when I double down 11.

Sharky

agreed...you'd have had 18 on each 8 split and the dealer would've busted...6/5/3/A+10=25

edit: assuming no other players (hits) from what you told us

pit15

tensplitter said:
The count is really high and I'm max betting 2 hands at $100 a hand. I get a pair of tens against a dealer 6. I split the tens, and get another ten on one of them. I resplit the tens, and get yet another ten. I keep the first 20. Get an 8 with the second ten and keep it. Get a deuce on the third ten, hit it and draw a ten to bust. Second hand I have a pair of 8's so I split them. Get a ten for 18 on one of the 8's and get a 3 on the other 8. I double down the 11 and get an ACE!!!!!

The dealer has a 5 in the hole and draws a ten for 21, wiping me out.

Seems like the only time I get an ace is when I double down 11.
You hit your 12 vs 6 in a high count.

You messed up the flow of cards and that's why you lost.

The Chaperone

Must have been the last round of a S17 SD game dealt down to the bottom. The other player at the table flashed him his two pat 20s after he had already resplit his tens.

:laugh: