Shuffle Master "Royal Match" machines now operating -- here are the actual rules!

shadroch said:
I'm wondering if there is a switch to hide this or not. The Trop in Laughlin switched dealers right around ther 208 card mark for months, but no longer does. The machine at Binions never did.

Can someone just clarify what you are referring to when speaking of the 208 card mark (or 312, etc.)?

Are you referring to only counting the dealers cards or everyone's card at the table?

It is my understanding that everyone has their own deck, so whatever they do has no effect on anyone else. That is why they are allowed to have these games when no table games are allowed.

If the 208 cards referred to everyone, then I don't understand how one persons hand would not effect anyone else. If it is just for the dealer, then it would probably be anywhere from 40-70 hands before they switched dealers, and it seems to happen sooner than that.

Thank you

shadroch

Different machines have different rules, ect, ect.
The machines I'm referring to, at Laughlin and Binions, used a six deck shoe.
Not a different shoe for each player. Evidently there are machines that do use a different shoe for every player, but thats not the machines I am discussing.

The final truth about it all....

I contacted shufflemaster on two occasions. The first was to discuss the "every player's outcome" law. The response I received was that the differential signifigance from one player to another was less than 0.01 percent, and therefore, while one hand does technically affect the outcome of another, it was so statistically insignificant that the State Laws in Delaware/PA were ok with allowing this machine.

The second issue was the single shoe/individual shoe theory. I was replied to and told that it is, in fact, one single shoe for everyone. It is reshuffled at the end of the 2/3. But, here is the interesting thing. The dealer does NOT change with the 2/3, so you NEVER really know when the reshuffle occurs. The dealer changes randomly at a timed interval or perhaps number of hands.

I have sat in Atlantic City at a live table game, and witnessed a dealer pull 6 blackjacks out of 8 hands, and the other two hands were 20's. I have also seen a shufflemaster machine do the same as a live dealer.

I have tried 6 different tables in ATL City, and lost every hand, on all six tables, and I have tried 6 different electronic tables, and also lost every hand, on all 6 electronic tables.

HOWEVER:
I am an old school guy. I am a big believer that cards become 'seasoned' as people play, and that, maybe fingerprint oil may cause some cards to kind of stick together through a shuffle. I believe there are very minor statistical advantages to live play, but nonetheless, advantages they may be. In an electronic game, it is as true in math as you can get. I would say that dealing to only 2/3 of a deck, is well the same as dealing from an automatic hand-2-hand shuffler (a possible disadvantage). MY THOUGHTS on this are that in live play, there tends to be more STREAKS as live shuffles are NOT RANDOM. In ELECTRONIC PLAY (complete randomness) there are very FEW streaks, and therefore it is a much harder game to progressive/track bet. In the end, I would say that while I too believe that somehow the electronic game just doesn't feel right with the lay of the cards, that in my lifetime neither you nor I will be able to determine it. That being said, if you REALLY DONT KNOW, then WHY RISK IT? It would seem to me you would want to play a game you can see, rather than HOPE that the programmer got it right somewhere..