Counting in Double Attack BJ

aslan

I was wondering in Double Attack BJ if it would be advantageous to count strictly for double-down purposes. Since there are already 32 tens removed from the 8 decks, it seems impossible for any normal counting scheme to work. For example, using KO, one would not only have to wait for the count to go plus 16 from the IRC, but also for the count to go another plus 32 to make up for the missing tens. It seems like this would rarely if ever happen. But...is there a point where it might be advantageous to double down on say, a hard 15, if the count were negative enough? Does anyone know how to figure out what that point would be?

I mention this because when my friend played at AC this week, every time he doubled down on something like a hard 15, the dealer called the pit boss and claimed my friend was counting. Actually, he was counting high cards and when he estimated that the deck was rich enough in low cards, he doubled down on some pretty tough points. I think he was just lucky, but that gave me the idea that it there might just be a possible scientific approach to tell you when to double down and on what. Also, it might tell you when NOT to double down on a ten or eleven; ie, mostly small cards remain in the deck.

xxrenegadexx

i thought the same thing..... but the even money blackjack kills your odds.... my buddy loves this game then gets pissed when the dealer draws a five card 21........ i think the bust it side bet could become a good bet with a great count but i have no math facts to back this up

Mimosine

what is the house edge using perfect BS for DA BJ?

If it is under -0.7% then you might be able to use counting to your advantage. using an unbalanced count, you could simply modify the tags so that you no longer count 2s or 7s for example to make up for the loss of 10s.

i know nothing specific about this game, but if the house edge is higher, you will need a VERY LARGE bet spread to beat it.

see what wizardofodds says....