Confusion over index plays: CVBJ vs Gamemaster

QFIT

Yes. There is no reason not to use RA indexes if you are just learning indexes. They aren't worth the trouble to relearn.

bjcount

When I first started counting, trying to find the right indices for RPC for multideck games was becoming a chore so I ran my own using CVData. After a number of runs at it using slightly different configurations, I then ran a full set of RA indices. After some minor tweaking and simplifications I developed the set I use. It contains over 90 for the game I regularly play, 6d, s17, das, ls, in the TC range of -6 to +6 . Even though they're a full set of RA indices, you may think otherwise, but they get the money.

As I have shown in past posts it runs within 1% of Zen in shoe games, and the DD indices pull it's weight nicely against AO2 and HO2, and thats without having to use an ace sc for RPC. (rpc doesn't beat ho2 or ao2 w/asc's in dd)

Combined with the correct bet ramps the RA indices perform above the standard published indices.

Of course this may not be the case in all conditions, but after dozens of CVData sims, it has proved it to me using RPC.

BJC

Last edited:

psyduck

QFIT said:
No, win rate depends on the unit size. EV (defined as a percentage) ignores unit size. RA indexes allow a slightly greater unit size with no additional risk.
So EV is the overall advantage?

psyduck said:
So EV is the overall advantage?
Yes, it is.

Sorry for the bump but i found this and it is a very interesting thread to read. I think i am going to re-calculate my indices. I will do a full set of RA indices for Zen. If anyone is interested just let me know and i will start a new thread on the Theory and Math section.

Blace

Last edited:

psyduck

blace said:
Yes, it is.

Sorry for the bump but i found this and it is a very interesting thread to read. I think i am going to re-calculate my indices. I will do a full set of RA indices for Zen. If anyone is interested just let me know and i will start a new thread on the Theory and Math section.

Blace
Thanks. No one else seemed to know the answer.