advanced red seven strategy indices

riggler

assume_R said:
True Counting
So the running count (RC) tells you that for the rest of the shoe, on average how many more high cards than low cards there are. When you divide by the number of decks left (converting the RC to a true count, TC), you're checking how many more high cards than low cards there are per deck. So just because there are 20 more high cards left in the shoe, is it the same if those 20 cards are spread out over 6 decks or 2 decks? The answer is no, which is why people prefer TC'ing.

Balanced Counts:
Well, some counts can better identify advantageous situations. But mostly, people use balanced because it's easy to divide by the # of decks left, and see if you're >0.

Unbalanced Counts:
An unbalanced count means that when you go through an entire deck, the final RC isn't 0. I'll use Red 7 as an example. After you go through each deck in a 6 deck shoe, you know what the expected count is. So after 1 deck in, it should be Initial Running Count (IRC) + 2. After 2 decks in, it should be IRC + 4. After 3 decks, it should be IRC + 6, ad infinitum. So for 6 decks, you set the IRC at -12, and at the very end of the entire shoe it would be +0. However, when it starts climbing to +0 before the end of the shoe, you essentially are above the expected count, and you know good cards are coming!

I hope that helps you understand. Remember, TC vs RC is not the same as Balanced vs Unbalanced.
This is the most helpful explanation I have ever seen online relating Red 7 and its correlation to TC. A light bulb has went off. And I finally get it.

Since I play 4D shoes, knowing this helps a lot as I don't have a lot of extra stuff to memorize. I was playing this way by gut feeling even though i didn't know the math/logic. It just felt right. It's good to know.

Thanks so much.

boneuphtoner

After reading Snyder, I may change to red seven. What do you think?
I'm no expert on this, but a comparison I read on Bj21's Green Chip archives seem to indicate for most games, its a wash, and in most of the comparisons posted there KO came out ahead.

aslan said:
I have always returned to this decision point ever since I began counting--continue KO, learn Hi-Lo and deck estimation, or go all in and learn Zen. :laugh: So here I am again.
I would recommend you to switch to Zen because it performs great on 2 decks and 6 decks which is what you are playing. I switched some time ago (from hi-lo) and I feel really comfortable using it. Hi-lo performs relatively ok but it's more suited for pitch games.

Blace

assume_R said:
Just to correct blace slightly, cvdata generates the indices using simulations (cvindex is what qfit calls that algorithm) and cvblackjack is practice software :)
Good point. :)

assume_R said:
Unbalanced counts can be very powerful, especially when you True Count them.
As you and aslan conclude later it's nonsense to True Count an unbalanced count because avoiding it is the main reason why people use them. :grin:

Blace