Dahl's progression and technical anaylsis

After rereading my previous post it looks like im a progression nazi:eek:

lol i did not mean to sound like baning progression players was a good thing lol my point was not to tell people its a good thing to look into because a lot of people will try anything.

I am part of a corvette forum and a guy was complaining about his engine stalling out. Someone jokingly suggested to put sand in the gas tank.. sure enough he did it and his next question was why has me engine seized?

Katweezel

SuperHunch system

ChefJJ said:
Is this not located in the "Voodoo Betting Strategies" category??? If Ken is going to ban all progression talk on the site, just fold up this section of the boards. Let's just put it this way: a vast majority of visitors and/or regulars to BJI know that progressions not linked to a count won't get you over the house edge. On the flip side, let's give the progression-hunters something to roll with.

As long as it's in the Voodoo section, does progression or system talk really hurt BJI? :confused:

good luck :joker:
Yeah, right Chef. I have a SUPER HUNCH system. I got it from an impeccable source. It is not for sale. :cat:

Attachments

sagefr0g

question...... is taking a 'hail mary' (ie. significantly over betting) sort of approach short term in an advantage situation a form of a progression?

Sonny

sagefr0g said:
question...... is taking a 'hail mary' (ie. significantly over betting) sort of approach short term in an advantage situation a form of a progression?
It’s not a progression since you aren’t raising your bets based on the past few wins and losses. If you are aware that you are taking a huge risk and you willingly accept it then there is nothing wrong with that strategy, just like using a progression system is not voodoo (in my opinion) if you understand the risks and accept the outcome. There is nothing inherently voodoo about progression systems. In fact, for many gamblers they are sometimes the best strategy to use based on their situation. The voodoo part is thinking that there is a magical one that will turn the odds in your favor and make you a long-term winner.

That’s one of the things I always find funny about this forum. People act like we are all anti-progression system tyrants but we are just anti-misinformation. I don’t mind people talking about progression systems, I just don’t want to see people giving false information and making unrealistic claims about them. Everything else is fair game. :)

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Sonny said:
It’s not a progression since you aren’t raising your bets based on the past few wins and losses. If you are aware that you are taking a huge risk and you willingly accept it then there is nothing wrong with that strategy, just like using a progression system is not voodoo (in my opinion) if you understand the risks and accept the outcome. There is nothing inherently voodoo about progression systems. In fact, for many gamblers they are sometimes the best strategy to use based on their situation. The voodoo part is thinking that there is a magical one that will turn the odds in your favor and make you a long-term winner.

That’s one of the things I always find funny about this forum. People act like we are all anti-progression system tyrants but we are just anti-misinformation. I don’t mind people talking about progression systems, I just don’t want to see people giving false information and making unrealistic claims about them. Everything else is fair game. :)

-Sonny-
right, i'm not really sure why i asked that question. sort of i just knew that over betting your advantage by i think is twice what you should bet is in the long run a guaranteed loser long term, and i guess i was wondering if that aspect has elements contributing to ruin similar to progressions do. probably just me confused again.:confused::whip:

Sonny

sagefr0g said:
sort of i just knew that over betting your advantage by i think is twice what you should bet is in the long run a guaranteed loser long term, and i guess i was wondering if that aspect has elements contributing to ruin similar to progressions do.
That’s right. Betting more than double Kelly gives you a 100% RoR, just like a progression player. If you use a double Kelly strategy and you expect to be a long-term winner then I consider that voodoo. The same goes for a progression player who expects a long-term profit. If you are using either strategy as a Hail Mary scheme to either make a quick score or go broke and you understand the risks involved, that’s fine with me. Different people have different goals in life and they need to use different strategies to achieve those goals. Sometimes a card counting strategy is voodoo and a progression system is not. ;)

-Sonny-

Thunder

QFIT said:
There exits many methods of technical analysis in the markets, like:

Accumulation/Distribution,Aroon Up,Aroon Down,Average True Range,Bollinger Band - Lower,Bollinger Band - Middle,Bollinger Band - Upper,Chaikin Money Flow,Chaikin Oscillator,Chande Momentum Oscillator,DEMA,Detrended Price Oscillator,Directional Movement +DI,Directional Movement -DI,Directional Movement DX,Directional Movement ADX,Directional Movement ADXR,Ease of Movement,Forecast Oscillator,Intraday Momentum Index,Klinger Oscillator,Linear Regression Indicator,MACD,Market Facilitation Index,Mass Index,Momentum,Money Flow Index,Moving Averages - Exponential,Moving Averages - Simple,Moving Averages - Time Series,Negative Volume Index,Positive Volume Index,Price and Volume Trend,Projection Bands and Oscillator,Qstick,r-squared,Range Indicator,Relative Momentum Index,Relative Strength Index,Relative Volatility Index and Inertia,Standard Deviation,Standard Error,Standard Error Bands - Lower,Standard Error Bands - Center,Standard Error Bands - Upper,Stochastic Momentum Index,Stochastic Oscillator %K Up,Stochastic
Oscillator %K Down,Stochastic Oscillator %D Up,Stochastic Oscillator %D Down,Swing Index,TEMA,Typical Price,Ultimate Oscillator,Vertical Horizontal Filter,Volatility, Chaikin's,Volume Oscillator,Volume Rate of Change,Weighted Close,Wilder's Smoothing,Williams' %R Up,Williams' %R Down,Williams' Acc/Dist

They share one thing in common. They are all influenced by humans. Humans follow the TA curves and make decisions accordingly. That is, TA curves affect markets.

This is not true at the BJ table. No matter what progressions system you invent, it will not affect the cards. Comparing the markets with BJ makes zero sense.
As someone who uses TA for a living, I couldn't have said it better myself QFIT

QFIT

I actually copied that long list of TAs from a program I wrote that calcs all of them. Have to admit, I was laughing at many of them along the way and thinking of progression systems.:)

Qfit win/loss goals limits

I have used technical analysis and stockcharts.com..and hav greatly increased my net worth with etf's. with a renko of atr(14)...going long..or shorring as necessary!!along with a slow stochs of 14,3

these "people" dont know what they are talking about!! PERIOD!!

What are your wins goals..or loss limits with Dahl's Progression??

thnx in advance

RISJR

prankster

itakeyourmoney said:
Perhaps the admins ought to consider some kind of monitoring program that will autoban anyone who suggests that a progression system is a good way to play :)
Ken's right. Let people say what they believe to be true whether you agree with it or not. :joker: