Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun Conditions

Mohegan Sun $5 Table Deck Penetration Revised

I might easily be wrong about the 1.5 deck reshuffle point, sorry about that. I don't count cards so it was only of passing interest. What I am sure about is the consistency. The reshuffled decks are butted to the outside of the shoe and dressed to a footing. I am guessing that there is an index on the shoe to indicate where the reshuffle marker is inserted.

If you wait for that favorable spot to play the Match the Dealer action will be a big drag.

bjcount

BleedingChipsSlowly said:
Mohegan Sun advertises $5 tables 24x7 on their web site. I visited three Saturdays in a row, the last time was the Patriots Day Holiday, April 20th. On my first visit 3 5$ tables were open. On my last visit 12 5$ tables were open. I would have to wait for a seat after taking a break, but not long.

H17, DAS, surrender, 8 decks. Dealer consistently marked off 1.5 decks for the reshuffle point. Was comped $3 and change for 12-plus hours of play flat-betting $5 most of the time. Wager up to $500 on a hand. These tables are for fun. You will be playing with some rank amatures who buy $20 in chips to play and don't know the game. Not many players abide by basic strategy. Match the dealer for $1 if you want to bet with worse odds.

My favorite moment was a couple of young ladies trying to cash slot tickets for chips. I tipped the dealer occasionally, and he mentioned that I was the only person who had tipped all day.
This must be something new at MS. I have not seen a H17, 8d game at all in the past 2 years, they have had only S17-6d. If it's true, I guess they just want to make those players "bleed chips". If the tables were crowded with many "gamblers" or "beginners" you probably played about 25-30 hands/hr.. At a $5 flat bet your total action was $1,800 in 12hrs. Although some of your comp points probably didn't show up until after you left, how much would you think they should comp you after 12 hours of drinking and having fun on a $100 or two buy in?

BJC

It is something new at MS. I stopped going years ago when they pulled the single $5 table and only started again when I saw the $5 tables advertised on their web site. I am not complaining about the comps, just telling you what to expect. The $3 and change comp amount was obtained from the web site a few days after my last visit.

I also play the $10 virtual Royal Match game at Twin River, and they don't comp for BJ at all. They say it's because the machine can't be wired into their network. I sat at the exact same machine model at Caesar's in September and it was taking player's club cards cards. Go figure.

I'm just there for the fun. It's adult entertainment and I expect to pay for it. I had my fun, and MS has the $20 I was down for all three sessions of (you were right on the money) about 12 hours total play.

johndoe

SleightOfHand said:
Is there any use to rathole at FW due to the RFID?
If RFID does exist in all the chips, which I doubt, I'm pretty sure they do not have readers at the tables. I wouldn't worry about it.