West Virginia Blackjack Game (Future)

aslan

bj bob said:
I am currently over-contemplating the apparent contradiction of this statement.
-- A former inmate of Berryville
Yes, I was well aware of it when I wrote it. It may be missing the mark--zg's definition of sin--but one can hardly imagine God attributing to it as missing the mark in any sinful sense.

So! An ex-inmate! lol I never had the nerve to take that step. Maybe I'm putting it off for my final Tolstoyian death march. lol It's like, who wants to come face to face with themselves? Shudder!

One time in the seventies I took a friend from the pool room with me to Berryville. It was the wierdest, surrealistic trip imaginable. We entered the main building and it was completely deserted. We wandered around for a while, never encountering any sign of human life. Upon leaving with my black friend, down the road come two figures, monks in robes, a white monk in a black robe and a black monk in a white robe. We met on the dusty road, and talked for some time. Apparently the other monks were in Vespers? or some other name for prayer time or having a meeting all hands on deck sort of thing--I can't remember. But it all had this very surrealistic other-worldly feeling about it. I wonder whatever happened to my black friend after all these years? Bill Williams, I think his name may have been--they called him "Dollar" Bill. lol

sagefr0g

bj bob said:
I am currently over-contemplating the apparent contradiction of this statement.
-- A former inmate of Berryville
Ecclesiastes 7 (King James Version)
15All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.
16Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?
17Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=101450&postcount=149

:rolleyes: